Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Travel Channel

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Travel Channel

So I'm watching HGTV and they are showing their new contest "Trip of a Lifetime 2016" which consists of five islands: Bahamas, Aruba, Barbados, St. Lucia & I forget the last. So they show each island and your accommodations which are first rate, 5 star. When they get to Aruba, I am not sure of this. so I will try to explain because I didn't get the name though I think they said something like isla altrista. Here is what it looked like, maybe someone knows. Its singular, not part of a hotel. You walk down a walkway and at the end is one of those gorgeous huts like you see in Tahiti, singular, you're the only one basically at the end of the pier. Does anyone know or heard of this? They showed scuba diving, the Flying Fishbone, the Fort, the National Park. Its funny when they were going from the airport to this hut place, you saw all the traffic in the downtown area, lol.

from Travel Channel's website:

The grand prize includes:

• • Roundtrip First Class Air transportation for winner and one guest to Nassau, Bahamas and from Aruba
    • • 2 nights in Nassau, 3 nights in Barbados, 2 nights in Guadeloupe, 2 nights in St. Lucia, and 2 nights in Aruba
    • • Private guided tours and unique culinary experiences
    • • $25,000 spending money
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Yup, that is the grand prize. And I think that is the place. All I know is I entered twice already, lol.....

Aruba since 1979
    i did not know they were moving forward with ZoŽtry Isla di Oro.
    i had not heard anything for a while.

I don't know for sure its the place but from the description in the article, it kind of sounds like it. But I have no idea since I'm not as familiar like alot of you guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Here is what it looked like, maybe someone knows. Its singular, not part of a hotel. You walk down a walkway and at the end is one of those gorgeous huts like you see in Tahiti, singular, you're the only one basically at the end of the pier. Does anyone know or heard of this? .
    Was this what you saw?

Last edited by Randi; 02-24-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    http://theoldmanandtheseaaruba.com

randi....these photos are Old Man and the Sea?

QUOTE=Randi;292186]Was this what you saw?

[/QUOTE]

it looked like that but it was not open, there were glass doors to close.

This picture was an old picture of Old Man and the Sea. It is next door to Flying Fishbone and arguably one the most gorgeous spot in Aruba. Many companies use pictures online for their ads. Someone posted on here a few months ago that pictures of Aruba beaches were being used for ads for other Caribbean islands. Anyway, I digress.... the pictures of OMAS that I posted were old so perhaps they now have doors??? I don't think this restaurant is open anymore (?) which would not be at all surprising but may be its used for something else.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast