Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Travel Insurance

For those of you that purchase travel insurance for your trips to Aruba (flight delay/medical/evacuation) which companies do you use and approximately how much does it cost you?

For great one stop price comparison shopping for trip insurance:
    http://insuremytrip.com/

Price depends on a good many factors.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    i know we might be playing with fire one of these trips, but we have never purchased any travel insurance. How about any one else?

My mother and my grandparents purchased it for our upcoming wedding. They are each going to be there for 4 nights at an AI and the insurance cost around $70 per person to cover everything (flight and hotel). We used Access America. Their website is accessamerica.com
    I have called them with some questions and have been very impressed with their customer service. Even if you have already booked your trip and paid for it, you just call them up and tell them how much you want covered and they will quote you a price. It's very easy and they have sent me all the information and confirmation of the insurance over email. Let me know if you need to know anything else!

We use AAA for our travel insurance which includes delays, fight cancellations, lost baggage, emergency medical care, etc. You do not have to belong to AAA. The cost depends on what your trip has already cost you. We pay just airfare in advance as we own a condo and it cost us $52. per person for each trip. If you prepaid anything else, they will give you the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by arpjappic View Post
    For those of you that purchase travel insurance for your trips to Aruba (flight delay/medical/evacuation) which companies do you use and approximately how much does it cost you?
    Wouldn't travel with out it. We use the Auto Club, CAA here in Canada.
    We wouldn't even cross the border with out it. We have a yearly plan with 30 day at a time coverage. Might change to 14 day. Add extra days for longer trips.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    the www.insuremytrip.com as recommended by Lisa is a terrific site

we use it all of the time

and...there are a few options on there that even carry collision/theft etc.. for car rentals.

go to insuremytrip.com and do your price/coverage comparisons.

a friend had to use the insurcane when he broke his hip. everything was covered hospitalization, surgical, physician, anestheria, private flight home some reimbursement by his own insurace (medicare and supplement) and the balance including the med flight was all covered 100%.

out of pocket $0

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    Wouldn't travel with out it. We use the Auto Club, CAA here in Canada.
    We wouldn't even cross the border with out it. We have a yearly plan with 30 day at a time coverage. Might change to 14 day. Add extra days for longer trips.

Due to an exisiting medical condition we do not book a trip without it. It normally costs between $40 - $50.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, steering wheel in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “Haaa Wooo” what a ride!!!"

Travel Insurance?

Not sure where to ask this question, so a general always works.

Has anyone taken out the private travel insurance, meaning outside a travel agent.

I am renting a time share for my next trip and will most likely get the airfare on my own.

If anyone has used a certain travel insurance let me know. I am looking into it!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

Everyone has their favorites

Always a good idea to pick up the insurance, like when this 40 something came down with Chicken Pox for the first time, luckily Aruba trip was a month later than the one to Jersey I missed.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-13-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast