Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Travel insurance

My husband and I bought insurance for a trip to Italy last year. It was the first time we had ever bought trip insurance. Three days before we were to leave, he broke his elbow. Everything was reimbursed. I now buy insurance for every trip.

andrea
    little confused, if injured you must pay first? how many folks have resources available covering medical bills in the thousands?

Aruba since 1979
    in aruba and most foreign countries......paying at time of service is what is required for non citizens.
    i guess credit cards would be the answer? or signing some type of a note to the hospital?
    i really do not know.

either way, insurance or not...........the hospital in aruba wants to be paid.

jacki's kids (young boys) both had ear infections while in aruba in august.
    they saw a physician there, got prescriptions and i think the bill for both was under $100.

~amy~ had a case of food poisoning there a few years ago and wound up seeking medical care in the er.
    they fixed her right up and i think that the bill was not very high.

my friend pat, whose husband has MS ....he had to spend several days in the hospital in aruba a few years ago.
    i will direct her to this thread and see if she can post how they paid at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    andrea
    little confused, if injured you must pay first? how many folks have resources available covering medical bills in the thousands?

i have purchased from insubuy.com the past few trips. i'm going to checkout the site you posted, too. good to know they have a good rep.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

Hi all..I am Pat whose husband has MS and was in the hospital in Aruba. That year we did NOT have travel insurance..NEVER AGAIN! We HAD to pay up front and our personal insurance did not reimburse us. He was in the hospital for 3 days and we ended up paying more than we had already paid for our vacation. They take credit cards..but please know...they are getting their money up front...well before you leave the hospital. I don't know what they would do if you didn't have money or credit cards.maybe someone knows. I hope this helped....I highly recommend you getting travel insurance!
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    Medical care and health insurance for travelers to Aruba?

check out the above link for another trip insurance thread

We started buying trip insurance when we started travelling internationally and will always do so and just hope we never have to use it. Our first trip we bought it because my father-in-law has been ill and we weren't sure we would be able to go if something happened. But once I realized the relative cost, the choice became clear to me. Its a small price to pay for peace of mind. Plus my dh is a daredevil and likes extreme sports and I always think he's going to break something. My friends tease me about being paranoid, but I just think about things like appendicitis or a tooth ache or cutting my foot on something or any of those things that could just ruin a vacation that I've spent so much money on.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Good morning, I am again asking for any recommendations regarding travel insurance. We had purchased travel insurance when we have cruised but not to travel and stay out of U.S. I looked at the www.insuremytrip.com but there are so many choices, I really do not know which would be sufficient. I think we need basic medical but also coverage for evacuation if needed. Would you be so kind as to give me which one that you purchase? I believe you are a very seasoned traveler and I trust your suggestions. Hope you had a great hoiday. Thanks again.
    Sue

Aruba since 1979
    we always use Insuremytrip
    this past trip we chose Stonebridge from the choices that Insure My Trip showed

we take into consideration:

company rating

is car CDW included at no extra charge

health/emergency evacuation

If you want, PM me your email and I will send you a copy of what we bought thru InsureMyTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    Good morning, I am again asking for any recommendations regarding travel insurance. We had purchased travel insurance when we have cruised but not to travel and stay out of U.S. I looked at the www.insuremytrip.com but there are so many choices, I really do not know which would be sufficient. I think we need basic medical but also coverage for evacuation if needed. Would you be so kind as to give me which one that you purchase? I believe you are a very seasoned traveler and I trust your suggestions. Hope you had a great hoiday. Thanks again.
    Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12