Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AndyM

Thread: Travel with a minor

Travel with a minor

Hi everyone! A few years ago we brought our niece with us to Aruba. Someone on this forum knew where to get forms for traveling with a minor child who is not your own. I think it was ArubaLisa. This year we are taking my daughters friend with us. I have been looking for info on the forms her parents need to fill out, but I'm having no luck. Anybody out there know where I can find the info I need? TIA
    katherine

Trip #14 in

I would bring a notarized letter, signed by both parents stating that you are authorized to travel to Aruba on these dates with their child. Also have them give you another notarized letter for medical decisions.

Check out this link: Travel without Parent(s)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i am not sure there are "forms"

ask the advice of an attorney.

here is what we did....

is for the parents of the child to draw up a permission letter giving the child permission to travel to and from aruba with you.
    it must be complete, with names of all and flight numbers and where you will all be staying.
    both parents need to sign and it needs to be notarized.
    there should be a few copies made, one for the parents, one for you, one for the child and 2 for the airlines.
    sometimes the airlines will not ask for the letter.

in the event that the child's parents are divorced, the non custodial parent MUST sign too.

you will need too permission from both parents for medical treatment. i guess you would call it a health care proxy.

also, the child needs trip insurance/medical evacuation.

when we traveled with our son's friend, he also had a credit card (his parent's card with his name as a signer) in the event of unexpected medical costs.

Quote Originally Posted by katherine View Post
    Hi everyone! A few years ago we brought our niece with us to Aruba. Someone on this forum knew where to get forms for traveling with a minor child who is not your own. I think it was ArubaLisa. This year we are taking my daughters friend with us. I have been looking for info on the forms her parents need to fill out, but I'm having no luck. Anybody out there know where I can find the info I need? TIA

I second AndyM's link. We've traveled often with with the younger nieces and nephews but not so much over the last few years. I would check your airline and then do what AndyM suggests.

I used the link Andy provided several times. My son meets us in Aruba during our second week. He flys down with some friends of ours. I also make sure he has a health insurance card, a credit card and cash.
    He will be 18 next trip so we no longer have to worry.