Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: travelers checks & cards/cc fees

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    same thing happened to me....to solve the problem I started using cash only....know thats hard, but what I do is pay for my smaller things here with cash, for example...a bill is $2.33, give $4, take change and put into jar at home, never ever pay with change...then roll change about 1 a month, take to bank and put in vacation fund....plus I have my direct deposit from work put $100 month into this account and when ready for vacation there is enough to take....pay at beginning of vacation for car with credit card to hold but pay cash when leaving as well as with our hotel(timeshare).....since I have been so many times I do not buy trinkets for anyone anymore since they all have enough aruba stuff and unless I see something unusual I do not buy any for me either.....do not know if this sounds reasonable to anyone else, but it works for us and I usually have around 3-4k to take...
    We use mostly cash on all of our vacations - not because we have to, but because we like to and it's nice coming home and not having any "vacation bills" that need to be paid. Only use the CC for hotel, car rental, and emergencies. It's easy to use cash - we just take the cash needed out of our savings and it's just a blip on the screen since we have regular direct deposits into savings throughout the year - also helps keep us on a better budget when using cash. In this type of economy right now, cash is king!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 02-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we do the same thing, Amy. We use a CC for car rental, cellphone rental and airfare. Usually we rent a condo so we send a check for the deposits (usually there are three installments). Then we use cash for everything. By the time we leave for vacation, the airfare has already been paid, the accommadations are paid and the only thing left is the cellphone rental & car rental when we return. We use cash for food and I always use cash for my shopping, lol...I find when I use cash, sometimes I get a better deal on shopping, too...

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we do the same thing, Amy. We use a CC for car rental, cellphone rental and airfare. Usually we rent a condo so we send a check for the deposits (usually there are three installments). Then we use cash for everything. By the time we leave for vacation, the airfare has already been paid, the accommadations are paid and the only thing left is the cellphone rental & car rental when we return. We use cash for food and I always use cash for my shopping, lol...I find when I use cash, sometimes I get a better deal on shopping, too...
    Exactly!
    I just like to pay everything up front and be done with it.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345