Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Traveling to Aruba and another island?

So for our honeymoon, were going to spend 7 nights in Aruba, and another 5 or 6 in another Caribbean island, so my question is:

Has anyone done this? And if so, did you fly from Aruba to another destination or go from Aruba to Miami, then Miami to ?

And were thinking about Antigua,St.Maarten, etc. And info on these islands would be appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    arubalisa did it.........except in reverse.
    she started in the bahamas and flew to aruba.

i do know there are flights from aruba to bonaire and curacao.

Very few flights to/from Aruba to other islands now unless you go through Miami.

Only two islands they list on the airport website for flights to/from AUA are Curacao and Bonaire (Bonaire direct flights are limited to certain days.)

http://www.airportaruba.com/en/flightinfo/departures/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

When we did Bahamas to Aruba, we had to go through Miami.

Insel Air flies to Saint Martin from Aruba through Curacao.

Ascerca I am pretty sure flies to Santo Domingo with connections to Punta Cana.

Anything else, you would need to go through Miami.

Pullmantur was doing a lot of advertising while we were in Aruba. If you speak a bit of Spanish, or do not mind it, they will be offering cruises on the Horizon out of Aruba. Stops include Cartagena, Colombia, Caracas (La Guaira), Venezuela, Curacao & Colon, Panama (a great starting point for Panama Canal Tour excursions!)

Just me though, rather than go through all of that trouble, I would make it easier on yourselves and just fly to Bonaire or Curacao. Both islands are similar in terrain and languages to Aruba and each other, but very different in just about every other aspect. Bonaire is great if you are into snorkeling and diving or just looking for something quiet. Curacao has some beautiful luxury resorts- Hyatt, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Baoase.

Also do some research on crime statistics. I know that Antigua has, let's just say fallen out of favor over the past few years due to some violent crimes. Or just google antigua crime http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1118.html#crime

This is the type of trip, after you have done your initial research, sit down with a real live in person travel agent to work out the details on flight schedules etc.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I would agree with Lisa 100%. She is correct about Antigua. Its got some spots that are pretty but it shows its poverty very well and the town of St.John's, which is their main town, leaves alot to be desired. The crime rate in Antigua has risen. The roads are the worse in the world. If you rent a car, make sure you have a passenger to yell out the holes to you.

arubalisa

I noticed Bonaire has more apartment type resorts, than huge beach resorts.

Is Curacao nice? and do they have allinclusives? we would like to do an all inclusive, but not in Aruba, as we like places that arent part of the renaissance all inclusive plans(casa tua, iguana joes, etc)
    Last edited by ChrisinStl; 07-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.

those flights to those islands werent bad, but you get nailed with taxes from Aruba when coming back.

St.marteen looks nice as well. Boy this trip is going to be costly. I hope the wedding gift till is full of money!! LoL

Bonaire does have a lot of what they call "self cater" apartments because of the divers who vacation there solely for the purpose of diving and are not looking for a resort type of experience.

Curacao is a huge island compared to Aruba. Curacao is about 38+ miles long vs. Aruba's 19 miles.
    Kura Hulanda Lodge is very highly rated and offers an all inclusive package. I would just check on the beach, some of the resorts in Curacao have none, some, like Baoase, though nice, are man-made.

You would not want Bonaire for a beach vacation at all.

looks like curacao may be our place

the dolphin academy looks cool, something we would both enjoy.

really stuck figuring out where to go. Curacao does have some luxury places, but not the real beach resorts. But we really want to do the snorkel trip at the sunken tug boat, and the dolphin academy.

And then 8 nights in Aruba. Or we do 5 nights at one of the all inclusives in aruba, then last 8 nights at the renaissance marina.

What is the nicest, best beach, nicest hotel in Aruba, that is all inclusive? Occidental?

many thanx for your replies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast