Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Traveling from Aruba to Curacao or Bonaire

I am wondering if anyone has done a day trip to either Curacao or Bonaire from Aruba? I understand it is a short flight, but I am wondering if either island is worth missing a day on Aruba. This is not our first trip to Aruba and I am sure will not be our last.

Depends on what you expect and/or what you want to do on your day trip.

We did a day trip to Curacao a few years ago and loved it. Flight was only 30 minutes so we were in Curacao by 8am and we took the 8:30pm flight back to Aruba - we were sitting in Bingo's by 9:30pm having dinner.) It did help that we had friends from Holland who were staying in Curacao at the time and knew the island well - they picked us up at the airport and drove us around much of the island where we stopped at various beach coves to snorkel, swim, have lunch, sightsee, etc. Spent a few hours downtown as well and liked that it was more European than Aruba. For us, it was a great day but it really depends on your expectations.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to your first posting on the aruba.com forum

you ay want to check out this thread...although old, it might give you some food for thought.
    Day trip from Aruba to Curacao??

QUOTE=eeyorelvr;277695]I am wondering if anyone has done a day trip to either Curacao or Bonaire from Aruba? I understand it is a short flight, but I am wondering if either island is worth missing a day on Aruba. This is not our first trip to Aruba and I am sure will not be our last.[/QUOTE]

Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com community! Let us know about your trip if you do go!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We did a day trip to Curacao couple of years ago and while it was nice and we had a good day of snorkeling I wouldn't do it again. The flight was quick and not very expensive but always delayed ALWAYS. We rented a car and driving was fine. We went downtown and saw the pretty building and had something to eat and walked around. It is not nearly as safe feeling as Aruba is and it seemed a bit rough around the edges. you do have to pay a departure tax when leaving Aruba to head to Curacao and also when leaving Curacao and heading back to Aruba. I don't what it was then but I think it has been lowered. I just remember thinking is was crazy since we were there less than 12 hours.

Thanks for all the responses, I will do some more research. One thing that concerns my hubby is being there for the whole day without a room. As it is now, we don't leave the room that early and spend the whole day out and about, we come back and rest at some point before heading out for the evening. I am wondering if it would be better to do on a longer trip and spend a few days there instead. Personally I do not like to fly at all, so the flight to Aruba (which is short since we are in Florida) is plenty enough, let alone get on another small plane.....I am just a chicken, but don't want to miss out on anything!

Aruba since 1979
    the flight from florida is aplenty!!

you may want to consider a 3 day pre or 3 day post aruba trip to curacao/bonaire trip.

i do not fly well either and have turned thumbs down so many european and westernunited states trips due to my maximum hours of flying is about 4.
    the flights to and from aruba to curacao are on smaller jets and prop planes. i would not call them puddle jumpers, but in my mind they are.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelvr View Post
    Thanks for all the responses, I will do some more research. One thing that concerns my hubby is being there for the whole day without a room. As it is now, we don't leave the room that early and spend the whole day out and about, we come back and rest at some point before heading out for the evening. I am wondering if it would be better to do on a longer trip and spend a few days there instead. Personally I do not like to fly at all, so the flight to Aruba (which is short since we are in Florida) is plenty enough, let alone get on another small plane.....I am just a chicken, but don't want to miss out on anything!