Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Traveling to Aruba with remains

Boca Catalina Baby beach Eagle beach Mango Halto

Traveling to Aruba with remains

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask or if this has been asked before. It's been a few years since being on this forum. My wife and I have traveled to Aruba over 20+ times since our honeymoon in'89. We love it so much there, but my wife has very recently passed on and one of her last requests to have some of her ashes scattered on Eagle Beach. Does anyone know if this is allowed and do I need any special permission.

Aruba since 1979
    My condolences on your loss.
    I do not know if there is an answer.
    I will direct you to this thread A serious question

i would say the biggest concern is TSA at your departing airport.

Please read the other thread that that I linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_t View Post
    Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask or if this has been asked before. It's been a few years since being on this forum. My wife and I have traveled to Aruba over 20+ times since our honeymoon in'89. We love it so much there, but my wife has very recently passed on and one of her last requests to have some of her ashes scattered on Eagle Beach. Does anyone know if this is allowed and do I need any special permission.

Aruba since 1979
    you said that your bride wanted "some of her ashes scattered on Eagle Beach"

since you said "some", then i wonder (and i am trying very hard to use the right words and be very respectful and not to encourage breaking of any law) if you bring a small portion.....a few ounces in a tiny container (something like a small rubbermaid 2"x2") and then have that container stored deeply in your carry on in a toiletry bag then that might work or carry on your person.

i am always saying it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission.

Boca Catalina Baby beach Eagle beach Mango Halto
    Andrea, thank you for your condolences. When the parlor interned my wifes ashes to their urns, one for myself and one for my older daughter, I asked them to put some in what they call a travel urn which acceptable to TSA and depending on the airline can be taken as carry on or with checked luggage (I of course would prefer to carry on), these urns can be scanned and agents can tell the contents, along with certificate from cremation, this part is legal but I do not know what the Aruban government allows, both for entrance to country and for sharing her ashes. I know many people have probably done this and was wondering if they had to get some type of permission.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Good Luck Mike, I am sorry for your loss and hope your wife's final wish is able to happen. Cherish all the wonderful memories you both had to the island of Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    i have never thought about the funearl place dividing the ashes.......but sure, of course what a good idea!
    (seriously i am very uncomfortable with this topic)
    but i do want to say

I am going to ask around on the many facebook Aruba groups to see if someone has an answer for you as to the legalities.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_t View Post
    Andrea, thank you for your condolences. When the parlor interned my wifes ashes to their urns, one for myself and one for my older daughter, I asked them to put some in what they call a travel urn which acceptable to TSA and depending on the airline can be taken as carry on or with checked luggage (I of course would prefer to carry on), these urns can be scanned and agents can tell the contents, along with certificate from cremation, this part is legal but I do not know what the Aruban government allows, both for entrance to country and for sharing her ashes. I know many people have probably done this and was wondering if they had to get some type of permission.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    YES!
    Allowed

See the Aruba Airport site
    https://www.airportaruba.com/inadmissable-items

5th from bottom

OTHER ITEMS Carry-on Checked luggage*
    Gel-type candles No Yes
    Gel shoe inserts – shoes constructed with gel heels are allowed and must be removed and screened No Yes
    Non-flammable liquid, gel, or aerosol in 3 oz or smaller container Yes Yes
    Flammable liquid, gel or aerosol paint No No
    Snow globes and like decorations, regardless of amount of liquid inside No Yes
    Umbrella Yes Yes
    Adult toys Yes Yes
    Cremated remains Yes Yes
    Drones Yes Yes
    E-cigarettes Yes No
    Flashlight – no longer than 7 inches Yes Yes
    Selfie stick Yes Yes

Aruba since 1979
    from my friend A.S.
    God bless him and his loss. If it is TSA approved, yes ashes are regularly scattered here.....as mine will be one day. Send him my hugs and condolences. You can actually have them put in a salt block that will dissolve instead of having the ashes blowing back....always toss downwind!

I'm very sorry for your loss. And so happy to hear that her request will be fulfilled with no issues.

Salt block, very interesting.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you will be able to return your wife to her favorite place. I'm sure that this is very difficult for you. My condolences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast