Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Traveling on a Passport with Less Than 6 Months' Validity

Hello all! I received my passport a couple of weeks ago and I finally got around to reading the pamphlet that was in the package with it. I noticed a little tidbit about some countries not permitting an individual to enter if their passport has less than 6 months' validity (see attached image). I doubt it's an issue but I wanted to ask here, just to be safe. Any worries?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traveling on a Passport with Less Than 6 Months' Validity-passport-image.jpg  

It will not be an issue

Passport Question

http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Entry_Req-Eng.pdf

REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO ARUBA AS A TOURIST
    Upon arrival in Aruba a tourist must have:
    − a passport that is valid upon entry and for the duration of stay in Aruba.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Cool, thanks!

I just had guests here in Aruba whose Canadian passports expired the day after they were due to return home.
    It was no problem. However, I certainly would not have risked it. Cutting it a bit fine, I'd say.

Smile passport

wow - sounds ideal. trapped in paradise.

i would risk it, wish my passport was expiring

Usually the six month validity rule is in regards to the expiration of the passport, not the issue date of the passport. Good rule of thumb is to make sure there is at least six months left on your passport after your entry into the country of travel.
    Aruba here we come!

Aruba since 1979
    not from date of issuance......that is what i understand them to be saying......validity/expiration in this topic are synonymous from what i understand.

QUOTE=tight_lines;220689]Usually the six month validity rule is in regards to the expiration of the passport, not the issue date of the passport. Good rule of thumb is to make sure there is at least six months left on your passport after your entry into the country of travel.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I see how it could be read the other way. With just receiving my first-ever passport, I automatically thought it meant that I had to let the thing sit around for a while and age... like a fine wine. Kinda duh on me because the other way makes a lot more sense! See? This is why I like you guys! We couldn't have picked a better destination!

Aruba since 1979
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/

since we are talking passports here is the link to the DEPT OF STATE..........they are the passport issuers