Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Tried in Vain to save Mans Life

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I am glad you were able to try everything in your power and to be with the man's wife. I hope she realizes your kindness in trying to save her husband and trying to comfort her while waiting for help. Prayers to the family.

prayers for the family & those who helped him & witnessed his passing.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

prayers to all involved with the rescue effort as well as those family/friends going through an awful experience far from home. Not knowing what to do, or whom to contact must be mind-numbing....
    So glad there is an organization available to help foks get through this kind of thing........
    again, prayers sent to all those involved.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Andrea, though I have not been on the site for quite some time; as always in the past, and, obviously, still , you can be counted on to give good replies and forward accurate information. Great! Ed Dronenburg

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    Andrea, though I have not been on the site for quite some time; as always in the past, and, obviously, still , you can be counted on to give good replies and forward accurate information. Great! Ed Dronenburg
    Hi Ed, nice to hear from you, hope everything is well with you.

Bobby, hang in there. You did a good thing helping out. I had a similar situation many years ago. I was told later he also passed from a massive heart attack. Several weeks later I got a letter from the mans wife thanking me for trying to save her husband. How she got my name and address I do not know. But she had taken comfort in knowing someone gave him a chance to live and just didn't leave him alone. I hope in time you feel the same way, that your effort was appreciated.
    Sean and Susan

6 years ago i was biten by a viper several times on my foot. the ambulance about an hour. On the way to the hospital they missed the exit and had to head down a avenue in traffic to next exit going away from hospital lol. By time I checked in it had been at least 90 minutes. ( could have driven myself in 15 minutes but didn't know if it was safe) Then I sat in a waiting room for 2 hours before seeing a doctor. Meanwhile my foot was red and was the size of a football. Doctor finally arrived and appeared very concerned. Stayed at hospital for 4 days, received 13 vials of antivenin

I guess too many people call for ems when not needed making it difficult to address real emergencies

Andrea - Your friend was spot on. We had it set up with our doctor to call him and he would send out the ambulance and be in it.
    My parents also had a DNR so we needed to make sure that was followed up on. Also there was only 1 person who did casts there
    when we lived there. She did not take into account my mom's actual blood flow in her legs and she got gangrene. We medivaced
    her to Fla because it was xmas and nurses are not as trained as ours and the doctors are not required to take notes. I documented
    everything. Then I found out the only thing I could do is go to a "board", present my case and they might award me with a very small amt of $

We had a joke that if we needed a cast - we were going to go to one of the vets! LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12