Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LeaveTheKidsWithMom
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By xcptnl

Thread: Trip Insurance Suggestions

Trip Insurance Suggestions

I would appreciate any suggestions for affordable trip insurance coverage. We are getting older and thinking we should shop around for the best value.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    I'm a rookie when it comes to travel insurance, we sometimes get it for a cruise. One important thing to remember is you need to purchase it no later than 21 days (depending on policy) from your initial payment for your vacation. Go to http://insuremytrip.com and plug in your info and you will see all the policy's, coverage's and prices.

We also use Insure My Trip as Leave The Kids with Mom. We are Medicare age and it does not cover medical expenses incurred out of the county having trip insurance is important for us. We have never had to use the travel insurance but I would not travel without it now.

Aruba since 1979
    re: the 21 from initial payment.

we often have purchased travel insurance as close as 1 month from trip departure.

that 21 day that you mentioned may be for pre-existing conditions or cancel for any reason.

paul and i booked a cruise in February for a week in January 2017.
    I just purchased the trip insurance tonight (your posting was my reminder, so thank you LTKWM)
    I always use insure my trip.com for comparing policies.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    I'm a rookie when it comes to travel insurance, we sometimes get it for a cruise. One important thing to remember is you need to purchase it no later than 21 days (depending on policy) from your initial payment for your vacation. Go to http://insuremytrip.com and plug in your info and you will see all the policy's, coverage's and prices.

We also use insuremytrip.com. I do have to remind myself to do this as soon as we pay for our trip as, if I recall, in order to get cancel for any reason you have to buy the insurance within a certain time frame.