Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tropic Car Rental went above and Beyond.

If we ever rent a car it will be from them.
    Word of mouth is the best advertising

We always use tropic. We stay for 3 weeks and some where in the middle of our stay, they call to pick up the car and wash it for us! Great customer service!

wow thats incredible!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    While we love Tropic and Hans and crew, I would be remiss if I did not mention the other good things that happened to us with other rental car companies. We did not rent a car on our first trip and were sorry we had not. On the second trip the following year we rented a car from Econo Rent a Car. Best price and available. Had not heard of Tropic at the time. Problem was, our AA flight did not arrive until 09:30 pm and Econo closed at 7pm. I emailed them with our predicament and they replied with the following. "Not to worry Mr Perino. When you depart from the arrival area and cross the street you will see our booth at the far right end of the rental booths. Your vehicle will be parked there with your name on the windshield and the keys will be on the left front tire. You can come in to our office at La Quinta in the morning and sign the papers." This is exactly what happened. A few years ago Hans did not have any cars for us due to our failure to make early reservations so we got a car from Budget instead also due to the price quoted. While at Baby Beach to snorkel, I put the keys(electronic) cash and credit card in a waterproof box that hangs around my neck when in the water. Unfortunately for me I had not tested the seal on this 4 year old box and it leaked. Credit cards and money were no problem but the key was ruined. It would not work. I called the Budget office using the managers cell phone at Big Mamas(thank you). Budget said they would send someone out with another key as soon as they could. We decided to eat a burger and fries and before we were done the Budget guy was there with a key. There was no charge on our bill for this. I was expecting a good pop for the drive and time for their employee. The lady at the Budget booth at the airport said it happens a lot and they are prepared for it. Have a nice trip home. There are many very nice folks on Aruba. Matter of fact, I have not met any that aren't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12