Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Is this true?

  1. #1
    Member ShawnandAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'm not sure yet! :)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64

    Is this true?

    I was reading some reviews on various websites about Aruba and other people's trips. I read one that said that the people in Aruba were rude and yelling at them to get out of their country and even breaking into the rooms and stealing their things. How true could this be and has anyone every experienced this problem? I'm still excited to go because everyone has different experiences, but to me it's really hard to believe that people were treated like that.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31
    I have never been treated like that. The Arubans are very nice and appreciate people visiting their island and are very proud of it. They love to tell people about their island and celebrations they have and things to do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Shnyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The pool @ Gold Coast Aruba, Holiday Inn Casino, Arashi Beach, Sunset @ California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Our friends hotels/timeshares when they are on the Island at the same time as us
    Age
    39
    Posts
    978
    Never in my experience - but all it takes is one!
    -Eric, Karen and Mia-
    Aruba New Years 2017-18 12/28/17 - 1/3/18 (18th Trip)


  4. #4
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Perhaps if you had some items stolen you would consider Aruba a bitter experience. With that said, most of us would not single out Aruba based upon one person's experience. Read any travel review site and there are varying opinions of excursions, resorts etc. The truth always lays somewhere in the middle.

    From our personal experience in 19 trips, at the worst we have encountered a few grumpy taxi drivers. Go and enjoy! Aruba is a special place, that is the reason for such a high return rate of visitors.

  5. #5
    Member ShawnandAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'm not sure yet! :)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
    I have never been treated like that. The Arubans are very nice and appreciate people visiting their island and are very proud of it. They love to tell people about their island and celebrations they have and things to do.
    That's kind of what my husband and I were thinking. We thought it was a weird review and who knows how truthful they were. From the sound of it the Arubans are very nice people and like you said they are proud of it. I can't wait to go we're leaving next Friday at 4 am!!! Woohoo Aruba Bound!

  6. #6
    Member ShawnandAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'm not sure yet! :)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnyda View Post
    Never in my experience - but all it takes is one!
    That's very true! But I thought with all the Aruba veterans here I would get a true answer!

  7. #7
    Member ShawnandAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I'm not sure yet! :)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Perhaps if you had some items stolen you would consider Aruba a bitter experience. With that said, most of us would not single out Aruba based upon one person's experience. Read any travel review site and there are varying opinions of excursions, resorts etc. The truth always lays somewhere in the middle.

    From our personal experience in 19 trips, at the worst we have encountered a few grumpy taxi drivers. Go and enjoy! Aruba is a special place, that is the reason for such a high return rate of visitors.
    Well you know we were talking to our travel agent and she said she had one customer unhappy with Aruba because they had their laptop stolen from their room. But get this, THEY LEFT IT ON THE BED UNSECURED!!! People amaze me when they complain about a place but leave their items out in the open for people to take. It's not necessarily the place because it could happen anywhere! Like our travel agent told us, not to forget our common sense while traveling!

    My husband and I are taking those reviews with a grain of salt because everything else we have read have been very positive! And with everyone on this board it has helped us out a lot learning about everything and what to expect. We're just excited for a real vacation and cannot wait to share our first experience of Aruba!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Any beach, party, bar or Casino!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,093
    Your going with a great attitude, You will have a great time.


    "My husband and I are taking those reviews with a grain of salt because everything else we have read have been very positive! And with everyone on this board it has helped us out a lot learning about everything and what to expect. We're just excited for a real vacation and cannot wait to share our first experience of Aruba! [/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnandAmanda View Post
    Well you know we were talking to our travel agent and she said she had one customer unhappy with Aruba because they had their laptop stolen from their room. But get this, THEY LEFT IT ON THE BED UNSECURED!!!
    In a similar story...we once spoke to guests at the Tamarijn who were on a "free" vacation. Their room was robbed the previous year. No obvious signs of entry.

    Unbelievably when we left to go to dinner that evening we realized something amazing. With the way the wind blows and the east/west exposure of the Tamarijn buildings, if you do not pull REALLY HARD on the door to shut it, the door will blow open. An open invitation to anyone passing by?

    I am not saying this was the case with the family who we spoke to, but in 3 1/2 years I have never heard of anyone else having anything stolen at the Tamarijn nevermind someone going into their room.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sunnysmiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Posts
    497
    I've never experienced anything like you mentioned from the review. I think not only is it the attitude they have there but what they deal with from visitors. It's partially about expectations too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO