Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to Plan!

Garden Girl,

I Am The Same Way About Planning, I Don't Always Stick To , Whereever I Might Go, But In My Head, It Helps Me To Have A Plan, But These People Know What They Are Talking About, When I Read Their Suggestions About Changes. Some Of Them Have Been There Many Times, I Would Follow There Advise, Especially Those That Write, You're On Your Honeymoon, Relax, I Know I Have Over Planned Myself But, As Times Gets Closer For Me, I'm Going To Make More "us" Relaxing Time, Afterall, That Is What Vacationing To A Beautiful Place, Should Be. I Know Its Hard, Like I Said I Am The Same Way. I Have Never Been To Aruba, So The Wanting To Do Everything While There Is Just A Fantasy, Lets Face It, We're Just Going To Have To Keep Going Back. ( Sounds Terrible, Doesn't It ? Ha Ha ) When Are You Leaving ? Make Sure You Give Us A Update When You Return. One More Thing, Have Fun :d

Imho, too much overplanning and way too many activities for a first timer , even more so for a honeymoon.

If you are going to have a car, the Flying Fishbone is fine, though a little duplication of Passions. We did not get a chance to eat there on the last trip, but the Screaming Eagle is the same owners as the FFB and a taxi ride to SE on Eagle Beach would be MUCH less expensive than one to the FFB.

As to Pincho's we didn't enjoy our dinner there on Father's Day. It was just "okay". Ambiance was just as nice at Passions or FFB.

No matter what you choose, enjoy your honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gardengirl View Post

Friday

10:00 am – Relax on Beach, Reserve Umbrella
    4:30 pm – Dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
    7:00 pm - Palm Pleasure Sunset Sailboat around Island
    We never been to aruba either--heading for our first time. I am a planner to the minute and trying hard not to plan "stuff" for this week.
    (arubalisa helps keep me in check--and wonderful about it)

I am curious--- will dinner at Ruth Chris be done in time for the sailboat tour?

I also thought that tour started at 5. please direct me to the site for a 7pm departure..
    Last edited by serene56; 06-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    (arubalisa helps keep me in check--and wonderful about it)
    We planned more, and ended up doing more on our last trip than anticipated and now I kind of regret the loss of time on the beach. AND we were not on our honeymoon.

The activities will always be there in one form or another. Always an excellent excuse to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I also thought that tour started at 5. please direct me to the site for a 7pm departure..
    Most sunset sails do leave around 5-5:30pm. According to DePalm's website their sunset cruise departs at 5:30pm (meaning you need to be at DePalm Pier by 5pm.) If they left at 7pm you would miss the sunset. I think they had better check the time again for the sunset sail because they won't be able to do dinner at Ruth Chris' prior to a sunset sail.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Ditto

Garden Girl, Take a day and rent a jeep, go and tour the island on your own. You can find some really neat things out there and very secluded. We rented a jeep the first time we went only for 3 days, our stay was for 9. This year we went for 2 weeks and rented it for the whole 2 weeks. Taxi's can get expensive and it is just good to know you can jump in your jeep and go any time you want. Not needing a tour guide just a map. You said you were going to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. I would try to find something else that you couldn't get at home. The Tulip at Eagle Beach is nice kind of romantic and very good food for not a bad price, The Driftwood was excellent, Sunset Beach Bistro was good, Madame Janettes was also good. The Flying Fishbone was an experience that I'll never forget. We thought it would be great to sit where the water met the beach, but beware!!!! Our table was tilted and also my chair. When I leaned to take my flip flops off my chair totally tilted and dumped me off into the water. Soaking wet I stood up and took a bow. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone said how I took it so well and they would have left. I just said I drove all the way out there and at this point I was hungrey. They only compensated us for a drink a piece at $8, and told me that I was not the only one that this has happened to. I think they need to put beware signs up or sit at your own risk!!!! Anyway for the price of the evening I would have gone somewhere else. If you get a chance to check out The BlackHog Saloon, that is pretty cool when they have the biker bash. They ride the bikes right up into the bar and do burnouts. That is if you are into that sort of thing. Well you have a great time and relax. That is what is all about. Cindy

Garden girl,
    That is awesome. I am a planner and have made the same kind of list plan. We have a plan and things could change but I need to have that plan in place. Have fun! Did you mention when you were going?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123