Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By lizzardo
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Turtles are hatching!

Aruba since 1979

Turtles are hatching!

Hopefully some of you that are in Aruba now or will be in Aruba soon, will get to see "the march of the turtles"

Reminder..look, don't touch. Photography..yes with no flash or added light. Speak softly ?

Here is a photo by Kelly Pozniak that she recently took at Eagle Beach near LaCabana.Turtles are hatching!-10488124_893191804027532_2719556882281219404_n.jpg

We saw that on the beach by our house. You have to be patient waiting for the hatch. They actually turn off the street lights
    because the turtles go for the light (they usually hatch during a full moon). Do not mess with the "turtle people" they are very
    serious with their work. They actually do a night patrol (all night) when it's time for the turtle to lay their eggs. They
    do great work.

But the experience of watching the hatch (like a little volcano of baby turtles erupting) is simply magical. It's one of those
    things that remind you about how precious these little guys are and how we relate to nature. Words don't describe how cool
    it is. There is a turtle hotline from the turtle people about hatching (or at least they used to)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hopefully some of you that are in Aruba now or will be in Aruba soon, will get to see "the march of the turtles"

Reminder..look, don't touch. Photography..yes with no flash or added light. Speak softly ?

Here is a photo by Kelly Pozniak that she recently took at Eagle Beach near LaCabana.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10488124_893191804027532_2719556882281219404_n.jpg 
Views:	776 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	3095

I have yet to see this in person. It is one of my Aruba goals
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

On my bucket list as well Jacki!

There was actually a turtle who laid a nest one night during our stay at the Amsterdam Manor. She was an old turtle who came up onto the beach at 10:15 pm smack dab during the middle of a wedding reception on the beach and close to the beach bar. The bar staff called the police who in turn sent Tortugaruba. Mrs. Turtle came and did her thing and left.

Wow! I've been at a wedding reception at that exact spot. I'm she didn't care about the crowd!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

That's so cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    On my bucket list as well Jacki!

There was actually a turtle who laid a nest one night during our stay at the Amsterdam Manor. She was an old turtle who came up onto the beach at 10:15 pm smack dab during the middle of a wedding reception on the beach and close to the beach bar. The bar staff called the police who in turn sent Tortugaruba. Mrs. Turtle came and did her thing and left.
    The eggs hatched today! Pictures on the Amsterdam Manor's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AMBRARUBA/photos_stream

Aruba since 1979
    Turtles are hatching!-10516628_10203449605139937_358273417796768577_n.jpg Folks staying at LaCabana on Eagle Beach took photos too. In all of our visits we have never been so fortunate as to witness the hatching and march to the sea event.

Oh my, that is the coolest thing ever.....last year we got to see the roped off areas where the eggs were, but that is as close as we got to seeing anything.
    One of these times we will get to see one of mother nature's precious events !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME