Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Unacceptable behaviors at pool and or beach

Unacceptable behaviors at pool and or beach

Any suggestions for dealing with the bad behavior (music) at the beach or pool?
    Last edited by NUMBAH1DAD; 03-22-2015 at 04:42 AM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Talking

I have an idea, instead of fighting with them, just stand right in front of them and dance really really bad in their space, blocking their sun. I bet they either move or shut the music off. If they saw how my husband danced (sorry honey), they would definitely shut the music off. Of course a couple of margaritas prior to doing that would help tremendously, lol.

That's a good one. I can only imagine making that suggestion any better by adding a large man (me), in a Speedo dancing poorly! Or pass out free coupons to the resort bar and when they leave, take the batteries out of the radio and replace them with bananas! Or whatever fruit you have on hand. Better yet, walk up to them and ask them if they heard what's happening. See if you can talk them in to searching for another Orson Wells broadcast? What?! Aliens have landed in Jersey?! (or whatever area you think they are from). Better yet, walk up to them with everyone in your party and start singing a different song than what's on the radio - LOUDLY! Or better yet, a Christmas carol or Happy Birthday.
    Last edited by NUMBAH1DAD; 03-22-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    naaah, don't stoop to their level of bad behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    naaah, don't stoop to their level of bad behavior
    Yes (mostly), but no too.

If I can avoid confrontation, I would very much prefer to. I would rather walk away from a fight than get involved in one. However, if moving to another space isn't an option, I would certainly try asking nicely. Now....if that doesn't work it gets complicated and would, without question, stoop to their level and worse. I move into their space.....right into it, and do whatever the spirit moves me to do and if that means being obnoxious, I can do that! In other words, I annoy the heck out of them, actually making it a game and having a bit of fun with it. At some point I may ask "truce"?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I just posted/asked this question two weeks ago (see what would you do?). Well this is what I FINALLY did to a group of 20 something "kids" who plunked down next to me and had loud music. I went quietly to the beach attendants and spoke to them. They went over and politely and quietly asked them to lower their music... problem solved!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    unfortunately at beaches like Arashi, there are no beach attendants. you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I just posted/asked this question two weeks ago (see what would you do?). Well this is what I FINALLY did to a group of 20 something "kids" who plunked down next to me and had loud music. I went quietly to the beach attendants and spoke to them. They went over and politely and quietly asked them to lower their music... problem solved!
    Nice!!!!!!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

That would be Canadian diplomacy at work.
    Thanks for representing us so well Randi.
    Ya see folks, we don't need to be neanderthals or buttheads to achieve some level of peace.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    unfortunately at beaches like Arashi, there are no beach attendants. you're on your own.
    Public beach ? Are there signs posted as to what is prohibited?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast