Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Unacceptable behaviors at pool and or beach

Aruba since 1979
    Smile and let's talk about my teeney tiny bikini of almost 40 yrs ago
    That my friends is very unacceptable

Unacceptable behaviors at pool and or beach-10156016_640401539375752_8628879942819016596_n.jpg

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I don't think any of us were inferring to nationalities for what it's worth 😃

i think it was more the inferring of being buttheads and Neanderthals. Certainly not kind words, you agree?😄

i am not trying to give this post "legs", I am only clarifying as to how I felt. ❤️

Aruba since 1979
    nothing gives the right to "dictate", but common courtesy gives one, the right or opportunity to ask a neighor on the beach, "hey lady, would you be kind enough to please lower the volume of the boom box please?" i think playing loud music in a public area such as a beach, that disturbs others, is a an infringement on the right of all to have some semblence of peace and quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Imo, US culture is different from European culture is different from South American culture is different from Aruban culture. What is acceptable in one culture may not necessarily be accepted in another.

As long as there are public beaches there will be various types of behaviors.

Yes we can plop ourselves down on any beach in Aruba , but what what gives ME a right to dictate to a female to put their swimsuit top back on or turn down their music if it is a behavior that is perfectly acceptable in THEIR society.

Unfortunately we cannot have it both ways.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Im done.... UNCLE... Can you hear me yelling Uncle??📣📣📣📣📣😄

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    nothing gives the right to "dictate", but common courtesy gives one, the right or opportunity to ask a neighor on the beach, "hey lady, would you be kind enough to please lower the volume of the boom box please?" i think playing loud music in a public area such as a beach, that disturbs others, is a an infringement on the right of all to have some semblence of peace and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post

i think it was more the inferring of being buttheads and Neanderthals. Certainly not kind words, you agree?
    i am not trying to give this post "legs", I am only clarifying as to how I felt. ❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    As for the reference to neanderthals and buttheads.... semantically not too nice, I will agree, but not necessarily
    zeroing in on anyone group, I wouldn't think. And I certainly didn't mean to infer any one group.

Those folks are international...

And, sorry to any who may take that personally, no offense intended.
    He did agree those were not kind words and apologized for anyone who took offense. We should all be good now
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Now that we are back on topic, I have to agree with Andrea's statement. While a person's culture may allow them to go topless, I can turn away and still enjoy the beach but listening to loud music is a totally different thing. A good majority of the "loud music ppl" are young adults from North America so not sure about the culture aspect. We all need to endure some aspects of our neighbours behaviour at the beach that we may find annoying but being inconsiderate of others is just plain rude, imo.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

And I have seen people with young children insist that other women on the beach put their top on.

She did not and the family with children left.

As in Gaby's example, and you are at say Arashi where there are no resort personnel, if I politely ask you to turn down the music and you refuse and I don't want to listen to your music, my only choice is to leave.

I don't traditionally carry ear plugs to the beach. Maybe need to add it to the list?

I can shut my eyes or turn my head so I won't see; I cannot close my ears to noise, nor can I stop breathing in your smoke.

Respect my space and I will respect yours. Do not expect me to leave my space if you infringe on it with noise.

For those who simply would leave, that's your choice and I respect that. I think it's more personality than cultural.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Smile and let's talk about my teeney tiny bikini of almost 40 yrs ago
    Post a picture of yourself back then and let us decide
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

That's why its called a public beach.....and not in North American but in Aruba which contains people from many different cultures. On our recent trip this December, we had some music on and by no means super loud but guy next door to our palapa came by and took it upon himself to touch our music and turn it down!!! Holy cow that was so rude!!!!!! I gave it to him. Maybe if he asked us to turn it down, although not loud, we might have been more than happy but his sense of entitlement on a public beach was disgusting!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast