Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Unwinding/Decompressing - Settling In

As soon as I'm at the train to the airport tomorrow I'm in Vaca mode when I'm the plane and up in the air full relaxation starts have drink take a nap get some food and listen to my music ��

Pretty much vacation mode the minute I put the "away" reply on work computer and shut down communications with work world !!!!
    Once we get to hotel we try to get to grocery store to get at least some things for breakfast and lunch the next day and then head to the pool for a bit in the evening. Of course having a rum and coke or white sand always help to quicken the process !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the minute I start packing I'm in vacation mode.

It usually takes me awhile to unwind when I get home from work, volunteering...
    but when it comes to vacations, cruises and Aruba... I can unwind real quick..

Usually after the first day. I usually don't get my room until 4pm so I take that opportunity to food shop and dinner is usually a pizza and then just relax in the room. Next morning, ready for the beach!

We are normally up at 3:00am on our travel day to Aruba. Flight lifts off from DFW around 6am... Stop in Miami for a little less than 2 hours and land in Aruba around 2pm. By the time we get through immigration, baggage and get our rental car it is around 2:45. Depending upon where we stay, we are in the room and unpacked by 4. I normally pour that first drink right after. That's when I'm in full relaxation mode.

About 2 days or so. I think once the kids are older that will be different, but it's still stressful to make sure everyone has everything they need & remembered to get all their gadgets back into their bags from the plane, transporting to the resort, unpacking & setting up our home away from home, food shopping, etc. We do usually stop at the Paddock on the way in from the airport. That lunch & first Balashi really get the island vibe going!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

When the wheels hit the landing strip.....Hello Aruba...Goodbye reality! At least for 3 weeks, Lol

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    I'm usually in vacation mode a couple of days before we leave......LOL work doesn't like it but Oh well.....when we land we 're all in vacation mode...Dad is REALLY looking forward to the trip this year. I hope when I'm 85 I'll still able to go. Diane

Easy - Airport, Hans@Tropic, La Cabana, Lings or Superfoods. Groceries for the week, case of Brights and some cold Balashi. Back to room, unpack, change, chill.

Rhys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast