Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Unwinding/Decompressing - Settling In

I need at least two to three days to decompress from work mode to vacation mode. On my last two trips I spent Monday to Wednesday decompressing along with putting a few last minute details into place before I flew out on an early morning flight to Curacao( where I then catch a connecting flight to Aruba). As much as I try to sleep on the flight from Trinidad to Curacao, it tends to be a bit tricky as I sometimes wind up seated next to talkative travelers or those that need to use the bathroom a lot during the flight or need to borrow a pen to fill out the immigration card. In Curacao it's a fight to keep my eyes open during the five hour plus layover. By the time I get to Aruba in the late afternoon early evening( or late night in one case) I've picked up a huge boost of energy thanks to the burgers, fried and soda from the Sports Bar in the departure area and am wide awake. After zipping through immigration, baggage claim and customs its off to the hotel, where depending on the time I will explore the hotel grounds or I crawl into bed and completely pass out. Sleeping in till 8:45 am before finally rolling out to begin day one of my latest trip.
    Last edited by vallond; 05-09-2016 at 09:50 AM.

I am in vacation mode the minute we walk out the door and are ready to grab a taxi after landing.

I used to be able to get right into the Aruba state of mind after a direct flight from Newark, but since moving to Southern California with a long flight and connection it takes a good day to stock up on food, get rid of my stress and relax. We will be returning to Aruba on May 30 after trading our Marriott timeshare for Kauai last year and we can't wait to be back. Kauai is great (and a much easier trip from here) but I do miss Aruba. Hoping I can shorten the decompression time this year.

I used to be the one who could never wind down and was always a go-go-go type of person due to my upbringing. My mom never let us sit down and relax; there was always something to be done around the house or a bedroom to be cleaned (mine). I didn't even realize I didn't know how to relax.

However, during my last 5 or so trips, I find I can wind down the minute my feet hit the sand. I usually bypass check-in for a short bit and have a drink (or 2 or 3 or 4) and sandwich on a beach chair. From then on I chill.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    The biggest sign for us signaling we need to slow down is waiting at the airport and realizing WE are the problem, not the lovely island people taking their time on luggage and rental cars. What's the rush? It's one happy island! It usually takes us until the next morning to unwind and forget about work.

I decompress the minute we get thru security in Aruba...I love the taxi ride to the Hotel, it gets me into the island mood quickly.

I thought I replied to this before but scanned the responses and missed my original one- glad I have not changed in the past 2 weeks, lol.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-21-2016 at 02:26 PM.

As soon as we Land after 15/16 hours from the UK .As soon as I hear myself saying Bon Tardi ..Con Ta Bai .answer Hopi Bon ..where did that come from ..!!
    Yes I'm Home again ..Masha Danki ......
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

After we have obtained our rental, checked in, grocery shopped, completed our in room inventory, unpacked and are sipping our first drink at Pizza Bobs, we are then able to relax and vacation mode sets in.

15 hours, wow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123