Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Urgent: Anyone heading to PA/NJ soon?

Hi

I have been in contact with a great family staying at the ABC who has fallen in love with a cat they named "Balashi". Their 11 year old son in completely head over heels in love with him and asked him mom if he could use his 'Aruba money' to take him home. Only problem is that they are flying Spirit airlines which is the only airline that does not allow pets at all.....

If anyone is coming back soon, would you take Balashi home with you so he can have a happy life with this family. There is no money involved.
    We would pay for his ticket and we will find a way to get him delivered to you on the day you leave.

We are seeing if we can board him at the local vet but the family (and I) are devastated at this turn of events. He has been checked out
    at the vet and is fine.

Thank you for reading this!

Update: Balashi has found a ride. I am so happy for him and his new family! I want to thank both Deborah and Beth's family for helping to give Balashi a new home where his is loved, fed and safe! These boards can be just so wonderful!!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Yay! That's so wonderful!!!

Aruba since 1979
    happy happy joy joy

now it is time for folks to step up and adopt mark68's kittens.

reminder "mark68" has taken ownership of CAFE CAPRI, not too far from Amadeus.
    a great pace for lunch, snack, late night hanging out with the MJ and Amadeus staff throwing back a cold one.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I have been so busy packing, I did not see this thread. I did, however, see the plea on Facebook. I am very happy to be bringing Balashi back to his new family in New Jersey!

This puts a whole new spin on the vacation. I am so proud to be a part of this adoption. I will definitely be posting to keep everyone updated on Balashi's trip to the good old USA!

Deb

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.

Smile

I am very happy to report that Balashi has made it to his final destination in New Jersey. His new family picked him up at my house in Pennsylvania this morning. "One Happy Island" apparently applies to the Aruban kittens as well; he is truly one of the sweetest little kitties I have ever met.

He purred continuously from the time we got him home and took him out of the carrier. He ate a very hearty meal and then just relaxed on our laps and purred.

The airport folks must be very used to this kind of thing. We made it through all of the lines as if nothing different was even happening. I had to stop at the USDA counter, but the officer just looked at his vaccine record and sent us along.

Balashi's new family is very nice, and I am confident he will live a very happy life in New Jersey!

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for being the "messenger/carrier".
    :-)