• 2 Post By schexc
  • 2 Post By smoki
  • 1 Post By rpumpire

Thread: Urgent Request from Donkey Sanctuary

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Urgent Request from Donkey Sanctuary

So sad! Just saw this urgent request on their FB:

Urgent request! Urgent request to all Aruban and Guests on the Island. Please drive slow and carefully in Seroe Coloradoon your way to Baby Beach. When you see donkeys or goats, dogs or children on the side of the road. Please take your foot from the pedal and prepare to hit the brakes.... We do not want them to be wild and free to be killed by cars. That doesn't make any sense.

Yesterday AGAIN one of our wild donkeys was killed by a car. This is so not necessary. You can see them from far. SLOW down, what is the hurry?

This baby donkey girl of about 18 months old isn't anymore. RIP little girl!

I made this picture about 8 months ago, while she was still running free....

Urgent Request from Donkey Sanctuary-donkeys.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/donkey.sanc...ba/?fref=photo

We were at the DS in October and they're doing great work there. It saddens me that some idiot had their pedal to the metal and killed one of these gentle animals.

Went to Baby Beach yesterday and saw a number of donkeys on the shoulder of the road. It's so easy to keep it slow and watch out for the animals. We really have a hard time understanding how this could possibly happen.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We just got back yesterday and boy do the people drive fast for such small island roads! God bless the people from the DS, they do wonderful work.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    We just got back yesterday and boy do the people drive fast for such small island roads! God bless the people from the DS, they do wonderful work.
    Hard to believe why people are in such a hurry or whatever the reason is why they drive so fast. It makes me very sad that innocent animals have to die because of the reckless behavior of some.

I wished the government would put more bumps into the road to force them to slow down, put much more road signs up like "Livestock crossing", put speed limits into place! And charge a fat fine if they hit an animal! I don't know if people are in those roads as well, if children ride their bikes there or play in the streets. That would make it more urgent to do something!

It's too bad that so many Arubans are on "Aruba Time" except when it comes to driving.