Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

USA Customs rule for Cuban Cigars/Liquor. Any update?

Does anyone have any real experience on the purchase and import of Cuban cigars or liquor into USA?

From this link below it seems it is allowed to buy Cuban goods in Aruba and bring into USA for personal use.

"31 C.F.R. § 515.582 authorizes importations of goods produced by independent Cuban entrepreneurs, as set forth on the State Department’s Section 515.582 List without a limitation on the value of the goods. However, these goods are still subject to the applicable provisions of the HTSUS. Imports by private individuals authorized under § 515.582 of the CACR are allowed an $800 exemption from customs duties in accordance with the HTSUS, if the goods are for personal use."

"OFAC is also removing the prohibition on foreign travelers importing Cuban-origin alcohol and tobacco products into the United States as accompanied baggage. In all cases, the Cuban-origin goods must be imported for personal use, and normal limits on duty and tax exemptions will apply."

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo...s-imports-cuba

I've brought cigars back for years... just slide the rings off and keep them separate.

Aruba since 1979
    not from aruba, but just 2 days ago my husband brought home a bunch from the bahamas.
    he marked them on the us customs form and was flagged thru.
    no duty.

http://www.inc.com/will-yakowicz/cub...-industry.html

The link states $100 worth and for personal use. I'm guessing as long as you stay within the guidelines you would be OK.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I did take home some Cuba rum from Aruba.. Did claim liquor (but did not mention what kind). Guess they thought it was the stuff I carried on.