Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

usage of timeshares

are people buying timeshares/renting now. my last few visits there i foun d fewer visiters than in the past. i use to be able to rent extra weeks with no problem.but the maint. seem to have gone up and i guess with the economy being what it is could explain this. i have a friend who lives there and she has seen the change. just wondering what others think

Aruba since 1979
    the short answer is yes.
    timeshares are being sold.
    the market is heavy with folks from s america.
    lots are finding good deals with resales.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We own 3 weeks at the Renn and have rented 2 of them out. Price/connections have "ticked' us off, so we will only do 1 week there this year. Had no problems renting them out.

Recently sold timeshare and am considering renting week 46 at CDM. Have an extra week there.

I think a lot depends on the time of year and which resort. This year at the SC there were a lot of people who traded in during week 50 but week 51 and 52 there were lots of owners.

Cost of flights were down a lot 3 years ago due to the economy and I have noticed them creeping back up to the level they were previous to that. For someone that owns multiple weeks perhaps the best thing to do is come down for a few weeks together and pay only once for flights rather than 2 or 3 separate trips.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

we own 3 weeks and go down only once per year....but that is not because of price of tickets,, rather I feel like I have "de-stressed" better staying longer than going for more short trips...
    bought one of my TS from Divi and the other 2 as resales online....got such a great deal I had to buy them !!!!! One cost me the same as the yearly maintenance fee...guy just wanted out from under it since he wasnt using it and the other cost me about 250 more than the yearly fee....if you are considering it, just jump online and look around you will be amazed at how cheap TS are going for !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We go for 3 weeks as well and for the same reason. It totaly de-stressing in that amount of time for us. Although we go for 3 weeks, we only own 2. We have been looking for a 3rd week at Divi for a long time now, but have not found a good deal. I imagine it has to do with the time of year. We are always in the market for Week 12. There's some out there for sale, but they're certainly not the bargains you experienced. Will keep looking though.