Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Using cell/internet on the island?

Aruba since 1979
    exactly..it is a small island.
    once we got lost heading from the pet cemetery to the wind turbines.
    it became a bit concerning when we crossed into an area the said keep out marine training area.
    we decided to proceed as we thought it'd be an adventure. it was indeed an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Of course getting lost is the best part about driving on the island! You find awesome things you never would have found otherwise and you will always remember the adventure! Plus you really can't get lost for long!

I once got lost heading back to the Holiday Inn from Moomba, but I doubt GPS would have helped

We became lost driving to the South Island looking for a shop we'd heard about and found in Google. We started going down all these dirt roads because of Google Maps... we suddenly realized we had it set for walking directions. We then also realized that Google is our overlord and we should bow down before them. Seriously - they've mapped the route from your kitchen to your couch... you just don't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Of course getting lost is the best part about driving on the island! You find awesome things you never would have found otherwise and you will always remember the adventure! Plus you really can't get lost for long!
    We've done that many a time. The hard part is remembering how to get back there

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    exactly..it is a small island.
    once we got lost heading from the pet cemetery to the wind turbines.
    it became a bit concerning when we crossed into an area the said keep out marine training area.
    we decided to proceed as we thought it'd be an adventure. it was indeed an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We became lost driving to the South Island looking for a shop we'd heard about and found in Google. We started going down all these dirt roads because of Google Maps... we suddenly realized we had it set for walking directions. We then also realized that Google is our overlord and we should bow down before them. Seriously - they've mapped the route from your kitchen to your couch... you just don't know it yet.

You both are completely cracking me up. I now feel like I'm making something out of nothing and you all are right...it's an adventure...and hey, I have over a week to figure out how to make it back to the resort right?

The car rental company also said they will provide a map...so maybe it's time to get back to the "olden days" and read a map again. I mean I haven't always traveled with gps or a smart phone. I can and have read a map for many years.

Thanks for shaking some sense in to me. BIG GRIN!

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    " I can and have read a map for many years."
    Maps the prototype for GPS.

We have a Borch map we've used for ten years to get around on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have a Borch map we've used for ten years to get around on the island.
    What is a Borch map?

Aruba since 1979
    http://borch.com/englisch/produkte/detailed/342_17.html
    it is a wonderful laminated map
    amazon may carry it

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i have that map, learned about it from this forum my first year going to aruba. i always take it, just leave it in the rental car

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast