Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Vacation portable safe

Vacation portable safe

I've been thinking about getting one of those Vacation vaults or similar item for the beach. When we're at the Divi I just leave everything in the room safe since the room is close to the beach. This trip though trip we'll be spending time at the Rennaisance with plans to spend time in the private island. I know I'll want my camera for taking pictures of the flamingoes and we may want to try some snorkeling so I'm thinking one of these safes would be a good idea. For those of you that have purchased one are you happy with it?

Pac Safe, great; vacation vault too. For private island, you really don't need anything but if you choose, a bike lock on a beach bag is good enough.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We have a vacation vault and we really like it. I wish it were a little bigger though. We can't use it any more because my hubby reset the code and mistakenly put in some wrong numbers, and we haven't been able to figure it out! It has come in handy when we've gone snorkeling at Arashi and Boca Catalina.

Vacation Vault is way too small for two kindles and my DSLR camera. We use a PacSafe system. http://www.bloggingtoaruba.com/2011/...-to-aruba.html Backpack http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...2/product.html and retractable cable lock http://www.pacsafe.com/retractasafe-...le-lock-3.html are perfect for wrapping around the post of a palapa.

Peg, check this link...

Vacation Vaults and Scott's Brats

TravelsafeŽ 12L GII portable safe

$100.00
    This is what I have. I take it with me everywhere. The only thing I did was change the lock and use a combo on it. It came with a key lock, who needs to loose the key in the sand.. I get a lot of stuff in it, three nook, full size dslr camera and other things. Worth every penny IMO......and it rolls up to pack......

We would only need something large enough for my iPhone, room card and some bills. Amazon has discontinued the Vacation vault and is offering the Aqua safe in it's place but it's similar. I need to look more closely at the pac system. In reading Rob's response I'm wondering why it wouldn't be needed at the private island. Do they have lockers, or is it because access to the island is restricted to hotel guests? Kind of off topic but at the restaurant on the island can the bill be signed to the room?
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 06-19-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We would only need something large enough for my iPhone, room card and some bills. Amazon has discontinued the Vacation vault and is offering the Aqua safe in it's place but it's similar. I need to look more closely at the pac system. In reading Rob's response I'm wondering why it wouldn't be needed at the private island. Do they have lockers, or is it because access to the island is restricted to hotel guests? Kind of off topic but at the restaurant on the island can the bill be signed to the room?

No lockers that I know of. Bill can be signed to the room, so you don't need credit card or cash. Plus, with only guests on the island it is quite secure....the only way off is via boat every 15 minutes, not ideal for thieves.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i have the same travelsafeGII
    it is wonderful
    the vacation vault was good, but as our toys got bigger, the vv did not meet our needs
    (ipad minis do not fit)

peg you can have my vv if you want it.
    let me know and i will send to you

OTE=hvy747;275988]TravelsafeŽ 12L GII portable safe

$100.00
    This is what I have. I take it with me everywhere. The only thing I did was change the lock and use a combo on it. It came with a key lock, who needs to loose the key in the sand.. I get a lot of stuff in it, three nook, full size dslr camera and other things. Worth every penny IMO......and it rolls up to pack......[/QUOTE]

Hey Andrea thank you for the offer of the VV, that would be great if you're not using it. Happy to pay you for it! Are you in York now? Hope your flight was good!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast