Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Vacation Shaming? "You going away again??!!!"

palm beach.downtown
    our way to do it: not telling anyone where we are at .Once we did and cruise ship we were on almost sank.It was it.No more info.Gone.Pufff.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Once you retire, your co-workers are history. Being a small business owner, I never had the problem nor did I interfere with any of my employees vacation plans. I have friends that ask me that question though and I just laugh and tell them you should try it sometime.

True co-workers are history after retirement most of the time, but, they are also they people we spend most of our lives with. It would be nice to be able to chat with them about vacation - not necessarily to brag, but to share excitement
    Last edited by Jacki; 04-05-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    [QUOTE=hatteras;294654]Is this your first trip to Emerald Isle? We go there most summers. We'll be there in August. If you like, I can send you a pm and let you know some of our favorite restaurants and things to do. We love it down there.

Thanks. I sent you a PM.

My wife and I always heard the same line, actually got sick of hearing it. We worked hard all our lives for what we have. We didn't win any lottery or come into any money, we just saved for our trips. We usually go to Aruba for 2 weeks every year and love it there. Now, I don't really care what people say, we enjoy ourselves when we are in Aruba and I don't have one ounce of guilt, life is to short to worry about what other people say.
    Last edited by mambo159; 04-05-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    People make comments where I work every year, but I just ignore them. My husband and I are in our early 30's but we work our butts off so we can retire early and take vacation every year, so I think my age causes some of the comments. I try to sell it down by explaining how cheap time shares are and when you don't go you lose it so that seems to help. People are just jealous because they don't spend their money wisely and don't want to work hard. My husband works very hard in his position so I don't have to, but I still do because it's my character. I love being able to go to Aruba every year, it's my happy place and haters gonna hate

Just last night somebody ask me "where are you going on your next vacation?"
    Didn't reply... but they are the one's that order out every night... plus starbuck, then of course the corner store
    I estimate they spend at least $25.00 per night on this. That's $75.00 a weekend, you times that for one month that's airfare.
    Heck that's a timeshare.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234