Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Vacation Vault Deal

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    and I cant get my ticker to work--
    PM me, I think I have the fix.

my question for the vacation vault-- does it come with something to tie it around something? or is it just a pocket that locks?
    There is a photo gallery at their website showing the cable.
    http://www.vacationvault.com/dsp_photogallery.cfm

I got mine last week too! I've already packed it in our carry on along with chip clips for our towels. Another great idea! I can't get a ticker--but we leave in 20 days!! Not to rub it in or anything. Have to escape 100+ temps with the "heat index" and cool down in Aruba!

thanks Lisa for the fix--its very much appreciated.

I received my vacation vault in the mail yesterday- must say that I am impressed. Pictures above do not do it justice as you can not really see how big it is.
    It will hold all my crap-- I mean stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by liberati4 View Post
    I got mine last week too! I've already packed it in our carry on along with chip clips for our towels. Another great idea! I can't get a ticker--but we leave in 20 days!! Not to rub it in or anything. Have to escape 100+ temps with the "heat index" and cool down in Aruba!

Over 100 degrees for 46 of the last 48 days here. I am so excited that I get to go to my favorite island near the equator to cool off in just 16 days !

Is this big enough to fit a DSLR camera, wallet & cell?

I dont think it will hold a DSL...but then again it might depend on the size of it without any lenses

The vault will not hold a DSLR.

As an alternative o
    n our recent trip we used for my DSLR, an additional Olympus digital we use with a housing for underwater as well as 3 kindles and an iTouch, we used a Pac Safe.

It worked flawlessly.

More info http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/pac%20safe.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We went with the Pacsafe system for the first time this trip and loved it! Though it was not cheap, we will get many years use out of it and now that we have actually used it, knowing the security it provided, we feel that it was money very well spent.

My dh traveled with a backpack for the very first time and LOVED it. He will never go back to his wheeled carry on and separate computer bag EVER again. His Pacsafe backpack had a separate padded compartment solely for the laptop.

Separately we purchased Pacsafe's retractable cable lock. We used this to thread through the tamper proof zippers of the backpack attaching the entire backpack, with my DSLR camera inside as well as our three kindles, to the post of the palapa. All 4 items are too large for the vacation vault so this served two purposes. We used it for air travel to Aruba and pack and each day on the beach as well.

It was easy to hop in the water to cool off or go off to lunch without having to lug a beach bag and other assorted gadgets with us.

Aruba since 1979
    today at baby beach we had ours attached to a tree.
    in it

iphone, cell phone, ipod nano, kodak digital camera, 2 credit cards, room key and car key

Seems like a great solution to keeping your valuables safe, especially when in and out of water etc. , just ordered one in navy blue from HomeDepot.com, after all, how could you go wrong for $19.99 and free shipping. Even if it only works for one trip it will have paid for itself in piece of mind.

Home Depot still has them on there website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast