Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"

I cant say its changed alot in the past 5 years on the beach...similar, so no fears if you loved Palm Beach before you still will.

Absolutely unacceptable. How sad that a couple of thugs could ruin someones experience while vacationing in Aruba. Why won't the ATA and/or the police address this problem?

Aruba since 1979
    ALL fixed palapas on the beaches (except Renaissance Island and Depalm Island) are free and open to any resident/tourist/person.
    The chairs and lounge chairs belong to the resorts and to the individual rental companies.

Re: The photos on Rona's FB link that Lisa provided are despicable.
    How DARE that vendor(s) put rental lounges in the place and disallow others from putting their own chairs/lounges there and enjoy the free palapas.

The government, needs to crack down and make this right, fair and equitable for all.

This morning I walked palm Beach with newly arrived guests. I was shocked at how crowded the beach was. Not with people, but all the water sport crap. In addition the booths from which they sold rides and activities. Whatever charm Palm Beach held for us has now gone. A very sad situation. The proliferation of this activity is way out of control. I scratched my head when looking at the hundreds of empty chairs and loungers. Why are so many needed and yet not occupied.

Come on, Otmar Oduber!!!! Step in as Minister of Tourism and get it under control or are you to busy counting the tourist dollars

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm sorry but in the 18 days at Arashi, & last 6 years, we have never seen that. It's the same guy for the past six years. First off, we go about 7:30, put a sit up chair & towels on a palapa. My hubby gets there at 9:00. The chair guy is never,never there before 9:30. He knows our green bag. My DH takes his walk in the morning because the chair guy isn't there yet. When he gets back, the chair guy has a chair at our already taken palapa & my hubby goes & pays him. I have never seen this action they are saying.

Aruba since 1979
    you and i are both there in "slower season".
    we got to arashi or boca catalina most days by 8 am and never had any problem getting a palapa.
    during our time period there, the chair rentl people did not get there til about 10 am, some days even later.
    quite possibly what rona is referring to has been the norm for busy times, such as this christmas/new year period.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I'm sorry but in the 18 days at Arashi, & last 6 years, we have never seen that. It's the same guy for the past six years. First off, we go about 7:30, put a sit up chair & towels on a palapa. My hubby gets there at 9:00. The chair guy is never,never there before 9:30. He knows our green bag. My DH takes his walk in the morning because the chair guy isn't there yet. When he gets back, the chair guy has a chair at our already taken palapa & my hubby goes & pays him. I have never seen this action they are saying.

maybe friends ask him to set up chairs under palapa,or somebody he's been renting to every day asks him to set up chairs for them.all possibilities,not saying that's right,but i could envision that scenery.hold me a spot pops i'll be there at 10.00

"Public" beaches
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-palmbeach.jpg  

WHY would anyone in their right mind pay $500 + a night over Christmas week to be in a palapa behind these umbrellas?

A vendor at the Hilton offered to rent me one of his large umbrellas for $45 a day , but he could get me a much better deal on renting one of the palapas which the Hilton does not own, but paid to build.

Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-dsc_0243.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast