Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"

supply & demand though. As long as there is demand there will be suppliers. I'm just very thankful it's not that way on Eagle Beach. And I sure hope it never becomes that way.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    The powers that be have done a fantastic job growing Aruba tourism, but now it's time to figure out a way to manage the monster they've created.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    If you cannot see the beach and cannot walk on the beach anymore, it's definitely too much.

Rona Coster had another thought on vendors, this time she mentioned that they are now moving into residential areas:

ISLAND OF MERCANTILISM:

http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/8am-...-mercantilism/

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    "Public" beaches
    Thanks for posting those pictures.

To me, it's shocking.

Umbrella and cabana rentals have already found their way to Eagle Beach.
    Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-dsc_0181.jpg
    Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-dsc_0178.jpg

I was under the impression that this was not permitted either on Eagle Beach but we saw it happen multiple times.
    Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-dsc_0222.jpg

There is also now a watersports vendor renting water toys as well as jetskis in the vicinity of Paradise Beach Villas. Jetskis are kept anchored off the beach and multiple times we saw this float being dragged back and forth down the beach between locations.

Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-dsc_0047.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    The powers that be have done a fantastic job growing Aruba tourism, but now it's time to figure out a way to manage the monster they've created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    supply & demand though. As long as there is demand there will be suppliers. I'm just very thankful it's not that way on Eagle Beach. And I sure hope it never becomes that way.
    I mentioned previously, but will say again, I firmly believe part of the demand for NON timeshare related tourism WILL dry up when Cuba is fully open to US tourists vacationers. Timeshare owners will always be a captive audience. Though they seemingly survived for a number of years without the number of vendors on the beaches now.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Lisa, where on Eagle Beach are all of the umbrellas and cabanas that are shown in your pictures above? It looks like they are completely blocking the views of all of the people who got up at the crack of dawn to claim a palapa. This is just wrong for the folks who pay their hard earned money to stay at these resorts on Eagle and Palm Beaches.

CK1
    Thanks for those additional photos, Arubalisa. IMO, it's awful. It looks like walking through a flea market or junk yard.

I always like Palm Beach and didn't mind that there was more life there. I also liked the calm water there. But it seems there is "junk" now everywhere. As shown in your photos and as described by Rona in her column.

Lisa's side by side picture is really eye opening. I really thought I was just more annoyed by it than I used to be but to see it side by side like that says a lot about how it's changed. Thanks for sharing those.

As far as supply and demand, I think the vendors need to be limited to the number of towables they have out in a single day. That's why it looks so junky. Each stand has many different style tube taking up lots of space, but people typically are going out on the same 1 or 2 options every time.

It may even get them more business. On Monday have a certain choice, on Tuesday offer something different and you make get a repeat customer that didn't want to do the same ride again.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Lisa, where on Eagle Beach are all of the umbrellas and cabanas that are shown in your pictures above? It looks like they are completely blocking the views of all of the people who got up at the crack of dawn to claim a palapa. This is just wrong for the folks who pay their hard earned money to stay at these resorts on Eagle and Palm Beaches.
    Maybe you can help me with that since I am not as familiar with that area. I "think" it is the area of Paradise Beach Villas. If you look at the first photo with the blue cabanas, you can see the flags in the far distance from the watersports vendors at the north end of Eagle Beach by the Amsterdam Manor, closer at the flags for the watersports vendor at La Cabana.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast