Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Maybe you can help me with that since I am not as familiar with that area. I "think" it is the area of Paradise Beach Villas. If you look at the first photo with the blue cabanas, you can see the flags in the far distance from the watersports vendors at the north end of Eagle Beach by the Amsterdam Manor, closer at the flags for the watersports vendor at La Cabana.

It is the area by Paradise Beach Villas. There are chair vendors located there and I always see the blue cabanas in front of Paradise Beach Villas when we do afternoon beach walks.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Maybe you can help me with that since I am not as familiar with that area. I "think" it is the area of Paradise Beach Villas. If you look at the first photo with the blue cabanas, you can see the flags in the far distance from the watersports vendors at the north end of Eagle Beach by the Amsterdam Manor, closer at the flags for the watersports vendor at La Cabana.
    I've stayed at Paradise Beach Villas several times. I don't think that they have that many palapas, unless they've added a lot since we were there a few years ago. The few places between Costa Linda and PBV that have palapas don't have many either. Could it be in front of La Cabana? PBV does have some cabanas, so that was my first thought. It looks like La Cabana in the distance. Buses dump loads of cruisers right in front of PBV. It's always a scramble, trying to keep them from overtaking the resort guest's areas. I've even had them move my chair from my palapa, with my towel on it, and lay on it in a wet bathing suit. We used to eat lunch in shifts because if we both left the palapa for a few minutes at the same time, we would find that cruisers had taken it over, even with our stuff there.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Omg this is the first time I've looked at this post

what the heck? Tourists/ timeshare certainly have a right to be ticked off

heres a picture of an umbrella RENT ME stuck in the middle of Surf palapas, not even water front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I've stayed at Paradise Beach Villas several times. I don't think that they have that many palapas, unless they've added a lot since we were there a few years ago. The few places between Costa Linda and PBV that have palapas don't have many either. Could it be in front of La Cabana? PBV does have some cabanas, so that was my first thought. It looks like La Cabana in the distance.
    It's between LaCabana and PBV. The palapas you see are LaCabana's at the end of their beach (south end). There is a gap between LaCabana's palapas and PBV's palapas. There are vendors for chair rentals there.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

WHY would anyone in their right mind pay $500 + a night over Christmas week to be in a palapa behind these umbrellas?

A vendor at the Hilton offered to rent me one of his large umbrellas for $45 a day , but he could get me a much better deal on renting one of the palapas which the Hilton does not own, but paid to build.

Attachment 4624
    The only time I have seen this is when a cruise ship comes in and they flock to the hotels, and start renting. I sit in the back row of palapas at the Hilton, so I have easy access to the pool and bar. If I had paid for premium spot and this showed up in front of me, I would be highly p***ed.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    When we are at the Hilton Property we ask staff when the ships will be in or check web site. Lately we have been closer to Gilligans and a row back. The rental umbrellas most times do not get that far.

I read somewhere, I think it was in owner's meeting minutes, that the gov't has a policy in place to move all water sport vendors to the sides. Not exactly sure what that means, but we may see the vendors moving soon.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach December 24, 2015 10 am

Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-hilta.jpg Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-hiltb.jpg

Just looked and the cheapest room at the Hilton next year over Christmas and New Years is $620 a night.

Do not know if the cabanas belong to the Riu or are available for rent from the vendor to the south of these.
    Vendors on the beaches..... "A Rona Commentary"-hilt.jpg

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It's between LaCabana and PBV. The palapas you see are LaCabana's at the end of their beach (south end). There is a gap between LaCabana's palapas and PBV's palapas. There are vendors for chair rentals there.
    One of the things that confused me in the picture was the location of the cabanas at PBV. Your description makes more sense. So do the people at La Cabana have all of these chair rentals sitting right in front of their front row palapas?

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    One of the things that confused me in the picture was the location of the cabanas at PBV. Your description makes more sense. So do the people at La Cabana have all of these chair rentals sitting right in front of their front row palapas?
    I've never seen chair or umbrella rentals in front of the LaCabana palapas

ETA: I'm only there in July & August though
    Last edited by Jacki; 01-05-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast