Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Verizon Ipad 2 Use in Aruba

  1. #1
    Member jtwcarboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Verizon Ipad 2 Use in Aruba

    Im wondering if my ipad 2 will work in aruba.
    I have the verizon plan where i am not on a contract and just pay month to month like $20. Anyone had any experience with this ? I know i can use it on wifi but im more curious about 3G data. Verizons website shows they have coverage but that doesnt mean my ipad 2 will work. Also wondering about any international charges (which they really cannot charge me because im not in a contract and its a pre-pay type service).

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    have you spoken to verizon?

    i have an ipad 2 and used it in aruba 2x, both using wifi.
    (on renaissance island where wifi is free)


    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Im wondering if my ipad 2 will work in aruba.
    I have the verizon plan where i am not on a contract and just pay month to month like $20. Anyone had any experience with this ? I know i can use it on wifi but im more curious about 3G data. Verizons website shows they have coverage but that doesnt mean my ipad 2 will work. Also wondering about any international charges (which they really cannot charge me because im not in a contract and its a pre-pay type service).

  3. #3
    Senior Member jdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    235
    Turn your 3g off in Aruba. Verizon charges $20/MB for 3G in Aruba. That is MB, not GB. 1GB = 1024MB
    Last edited by jdoll; 07-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".



  4. #4
    Member jtwcarboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82
    Just called Verizon and they informed me that since I'm not on contract and am on a month to month plan then I only pay by what I use based on the same monthly pricing model as when in home in us. So basically they said nothing would be different but remember I you are on contract it's different but since I'm not they said they cannot charge me anything other than the original plan I agreed to which is $20 per 1gb.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    235
    Contract, pay as you go or pre-paid I guarantee you can't use any Verizon device and pay $20 for 1GB of data while in Aruba. You got some bad info.

    http://businessportals.verizonwirele...ean/Aruba.html
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".



  6. #6
    Member jtwcarboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82
    I agree it seems they gave me bad info. I just called again and they cannot give me a straight answer. I'll just use wifi, anyone know how much at divi village?

    Also about the Verizon , has anyone actually taken their prepaid iPad on Verizon an used it on 3G ? I so that would provide definitive information.

  7. #7
    Senior Member sbatjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    132
    Totally agree!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    Contract, pay as you go or pre-paid I guarantee you can't use any Verizon device and pay $20 for 1GB of data while in Aruba. You got some bad info.

    http://businessportals.verizonwirele...ean/Aruba.html

  8. #8
    Member jtwcarboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82
    After calling verizon 1 more time i finally got an answer which makes sense.
    If you take your US ipad to aruba, then your prepaid $20 for 1GB plan isn't used while your there. Your ipad would switch (or try to ) switch to a pay as you go rate plan(which the rate info is shown on the link from jdoll). Its Pay As You Go Plan: $20.48/MB $0.02/KB .
    So here is how they say it works , if you know your going to aruba then you need to use there data estimator and see how much data you will use then at that rate call them and they will but a pay as you go pre-paid amount of $X on your account, when that runs out, no more data in Aruba. So they cannot bill you after the fact for your ipad data usage in aruba (in my case because im not on a contract) so unless you pre -pay you have nothing.

    Moral of the story , its too expensive, forget the phone and ipad in aruba and just enjoy the beach FOR FREE!!!

    I do have to ask what is a setar card and how does it work.

  9. #9
    Senior Member jdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    235
    If you don't need constant access Moomba Beach Bar & Cafe Rembrandt are two places that serve cold ones to go with their free Wi-fi.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".



  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    are you asking about a setar SIM card?

    free wifi at seaport mall's dunkin donuts and cafe plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    After calling verizon 1 more time i finally got an answer which makes sense.
    If you take your US ipad to aruba, then your prepaid $20 for 1GB plan isn't used while your there. Your ipad would switch (or try to ) switch to a pay as you go rate plan(which the rate info is shown on the link from jdoll). Its Pay As You Go Plan: $20.48/MB $0.02/KB .
    So here is how they say it works , if you know your going to aruba then you need to use there data estimator and see how much data you will use then at that rate call them and they will but a pay as you go pre-paid amount of $X on your account, when that runs out, no more data in Aruba. So they cannot bill you after the fact for your ipad data usage in aruba (in my case because im not on a contract) so unless you pre -pay you have nothing.

    Moral of the story , its too expensive, forget the phone and ipad in aruba and just enjoy the beach FOR FREE!!!

    I do have to ask what is a setar card and how does it work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO