Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

i did ask for oninions and i respectfully disagree with yours

your post giving me the impression of some anger?
    am i reading/hearing it right?

andrea

Yes you are, w/r to anger. This issue (the NH thing), which I think is a "non-issue", should just go away.....IMO

As for the restaurant....I meant it to be more as a swipe against the individual's interview. Please see my other response (to Liz)
    Last edited by rob o; 05-24-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    First of all the Ferrara family is the owner of Gianni's (also Daniels Steak & Chop, Azzurro and Sole Mare) - not Mr. Versandall. Mr. Versandall is probably the new maitre 'd as Andy, the former maitre 'd was moving from Aruba when I spoke to him last month. Secondly, Andrea had asked for an opinion on the video; not a restaurant review.
    Then, I respectufully suggest that the Ferrara family instruct Mr. Versandall to either keep his opinion to himself....or give it from his home or at a neutral site....not at the restaurant establishment.

In my opinion, once the restaurant appeared in the video it became fair game.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

you go rob o

Aruba since 1979
    A portion of our rules

Do not malign, ridicule and/or insult anyone
    Personal attacks are the tools of someone who probably doesn’t have a very good point to make, or of someone who holds a belief that has no foundation in reasoned thought.
    Thread Hijacking
    Keep threads on topic. If you wish to start a discussion on a new topic start a new thread please. We all know that conversations take on a life of their own, but we do not want to have thread subjects that have nothing to do with the thread’s title. Stay on topic.

I think that the news station was looking for a story to help keep the NH story alive. Having spent almost 7 weeks over the course of the winter this year, I saw first hand the quietness of the island compared to the previous winter. Reason= the economy!!

If a reporter goes to a business and asks if it is slower almost everyone this year would say yes. You can put a spin on anything. Personally, the year after NH incident Aruba was a bit quieter from the fall out from the news story but then it tourist seemed to return and put the story on the back burner.

With respect to the two restaurants used for this piece, perhaps they should be a little more intrespective on why business is not as brisk as before (see comments lately on both restaurants) rather than blame NH.

This past winter, one of the woman from my city was murdered in Barbados. It was a huge story here (Canada) as she was mugged and bludgened while walking along a beach at 4 pm with her daughter-in-law. Do we tell all fellow Canadians to stop going to Barbados? NO, we remind them to stay aware and be mindful that things happen all over. Some places more dangerous than others and be smart.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

"Do we tell all fellow Canadians to stop going to Barbados? NO, we remind them to stay aware and be mindful that things happen all over. Some places more dangerous than others and be smart...."

We're just a little more subtle up here north of the border.
    (Nothing personal... it's just the truth. And hopefully we won't fall prey to the media madness.)

And for what it's worth, regarding the restaurant manager's interview, I think most of us would agree that when a camera gets turned on someone, they either freeze or really go for it, and let whoever know what they're thinking, sometimes to a detriment. The manager should have thought before speaking, but that too can be a human "problem". Sometimes the mouth takes off before the brain is in gear...

be well, enjoy the sun (if you're on your way there) and be safe and careful.
    Even paradise has bad guys and nasties...
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 05-25-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    IWith respect to the two restaurants used for this piece, perhaps they should be a little more intrespective on why business is not as brisk as before (see comments lately on both restaurants) rather than blame NH.
    Words right out of my mouth.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Tthis was sent to me today.
    i am making no real comments other than to say it "profoundly" had an effect on so many many lives.

i encourage folks to post their opinions on the video.

i hope i am not making a severe boo boo in posting this link.

again, my only real thought are the huge effects it had on so many.
    andrea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfy2E_Xp7eo
    Andrea, IMOP... you asked for opinions, why was it insulting???
    And I guess, more importantly, who? We all know the rules. Sorry, I have to agree with eveyone else who's posted...Mr. Ratt, randi....
    Last edited by cindyo; 05-25-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i listed a portion of the rules
    i did not personally say INSULTING

my biggest concern was the thrread being hijacked to a restaurant review
    and also imo as moderator was a personal attack on the man in the interview

'nuf said by me
    andrea

Aruba since 1979
    and fwiw
    i too feel that the economy plays a significant role in the tourism downturn
    and i too feel that some folks are closed minded re: the bad take on aruba due to "the bad publicity re: NH.

andrea

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast