Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979
    from cindyo

"cindyo
    When you asked for an opinion, one would believe you wanted an honest one..love, hate, despise, embraced...

Perhaps the whole video should just be deleted, of course, I am not telling you how to do your volunteering job "
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-25-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: i moved to the appropriate thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsokeizo4q8

This video from the same Alabama TV station ends with an admittal that tourism in Aruba has rebounded since NH.

I love the description of an "island aberration". Pretty much sums it up.

I do though wish that they had explained in the video that those ugly red barriers in one of the beach scenes were protecting the turtle nests.

Although it has been four years now, for those of us who love Aruba, we should be able to have a mature discussion on this topic. This unfortunate incident is always there and does always come up.

I do believe it is healthy to discuss this topic in a responsible manner. The video does bring in some local businesses point of view and as consumers of the Aruba tourist industry, healthy comments about the businesses interviewed do play somewhat of a relevant perspective.

For example, many of us realize that Gianni's was the main restaurant shown in the video. This restaurant wasn't open (I believe) at the time of the NH disappearance so how do you compare before and after.

From my visits this winter, Surf Club was busy (not as busy as last year) but people were really not spending money. OUr friend who runs a watersports business said the people are on the beach but they are just not spending$$$. Perhaps, that is the real story?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    ya those barricades make for confusion.
    my cousin visited aruba for the first time 4 yrs ago and had no idea what they were.
    i had loaned her my cell phone and she called me and said, :"there are police barracades on the beach...i wonder what has happened?"

kind of like the first time in aruba over the chrismtas / new years holiday we heard all of the explosions of the fire crackers and thought there was a "political uprising" took us a while to relax and eventually learned the fireworks were the tradition!

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsokeizo4q8

This video from the same Alabama TV station ends with an admittal that tourism in Aruba has rebounded since NH.

I love the description of an "island aberration". Pretty much sums it up.

I do though wish that they had explained in the video that those ugly red barriers in one of the beach scenes were protecting the turtle nests.

When I mentioned to a coworker my trip to Aruba, he said "are you going to search for Natalie Holloway?" So yes, it's very much in everyone's mind. I do feel for the mother & wish she had closure. But this could've happened anywhere.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by elizmed View Post
    I do feel for the mother & wish she had closure. But this could've happened anywhere.
    Yes, it could have happened anywhere. And, while she (NH) did NOT deserve her fate, she does serve as a valuable lesson for those of us raising teenage daughters.

When recently in Aruba, one of my daughters (they're 16 and 17) was angry at me for being restrictive about where she could go and when. Seems like I was a "Bad Dad" for not letting her out and about after 10:30 by herself. My reply: "remember Natalee?"
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    When recently in Aruba, one of my daughters (they're 16 and 17) was angry at me for being restrictive about where she could go and when. Seems like I was a "Bad Dad" for not letting her out and about after 10:30 by herself. My reply: "remember Natalee?"
    I think this is also why they are hurting. Though you were already there saying this, my parents, sister and an aunt all asked " are you sureee you want to go to Aruba? Remember what happened to NH? I think you should go else where?" I am not worried in the least.

It is a true tragedy that there has been no resolution on the NH case. It is also a shame the Island has suffered irreparable image problems. I still believe Aruba is one of the safest places on the planet. I feel at lot more comfortable in Aruba ,than Mexico, Jamaica, or the Dominican

Aruba since 1979
    in order to keep the thread to stay on topic and not hijacked/waylaid, PLEASE.....
    i encourage folks to post their opinions on the video.
    video comments only.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Tthis was sent to me today.
    i am making no real comments other than to say it "profoundly" had an effect on so many many lives.

i encourage folks to post their opinions on the video.

i hope i am not making a severe boo boo in posting this link.

again, my only real thought are the huge effects it had on so many.
    andrea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfy2E_Xp7eo

Hi everybody, I have been in the tourism industry for six year and I have learned that every year is a different. And every business man knows that we have ups and downs. Doesn't matter the type of business you have, if you treat your customers right they will always come back to you, talk about you and ask for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast