Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Visiting Aruba Alone?

Aruba since 1979
    2 pair is sufficient

if you like target, my husband just got 3 pair light weight docker style, but target brand, $9 each. and they are not too short, maybe an inch over the knee.
    he always wears his polo shirts untucked.

:-)

i wish others would chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Sounds like I need to go buy some standard dockers shorts. So I should be able to wear the standard dockers shorts, polo shirt, tennis shoes to dinner most anywhere and be fine right? I figure they are not going to require khaki pants anywhere due to heat.

I know this sounds stupid but is it best to tuck in polo shirt or is un-tucked generally ok?

I wear cargo shorts on the plane because it can get chilly after a while. I take an additional 2 pair of "dress" shorts a la Docker, and a pair of light tan linen long pants with drawstring waist for more formal restaurants. I take a couple of polo shirts and maybe a cotton button up short sleeve shirt. I have a pair of leather sandals for evening and a pair of Cobian flip flops for beach/pool. Day wear is almost always swim trunks, tank top and the Cobians. Remember the rule "take half of the clothes you think you need and twice the cash". I hope you have a great time!

Aruba since 1979
    is your name paul?
    are you my husband pretending to be waltvb?

hahahaha half the clothes and twice the cash!!! exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I wear cargo shorts on the plane because it can get chilly after a while. I take an additional 2 pair of "dress" shorts a la Docker, and a pair of light tan linen long pants with drawstring waist for more formal restaurants. I take a couple of polo shirts and maybe a cotton button up short sleeve shirt. I have a pair of leather sandals for evening and a pair of Cobian flip flops for beach/pool. Day wear is almost always swim trunks, tank top and the Cobians. Remember the rule "take half of the clothes you think you need and twice the cash". I hope you have a great time!

Hi ! We always rent a car... As Andrea says, having a car at your disposal, gives you mobility, at any moment. And, if you put " two and two " together, moneywise, you may save some $$$$. Taxi, wherever you go : is about$15-20, one way...Rental will run you maybe less. We rent a car for 2week( Dec-Jan), and total comes to about $400-410( with gas including)...But- to each his own.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My husband wears nothing but cargo shorts in Aruba. You will see people wearing everything. Don't worry about it. Just wear what you have. We have NEVER had a problem.

Thanks for all the information , I actually found a friend to go with me so now there are two of us in aruba for the week !!!

Andrea, i went to Target and got 2 pairs of khaki shorts for $20 !!! thanks for the tip.

Half the clothes and twice the cash, guess i need to re-pack because i think i have half the money and twice the clothes!!

Disagree with Andrea on the shorts subject. Cargo shorts are allowed anyplace in Aruba. My husband and friends wear them every night. Casual is acceptable at 99% of restaurants and places on Aruba. Been going for 13 years and never "dressed up" for any dinner out.

JT- Seriously, if I were you I would bring those shorts you bought at Target back, take that $20 and spend it at a nice restaurant in Aruba. Glad you found someone to go with you. You will have a fantastic time on "One Happy Island".

Dress is totally up to you... If you want to dress up and do some classy pictures then go for it! If you want to wear cargo shorts and be chill then no worries... Just have a blast!

We always have a night where I might wear a pair of dress jeans and a nice button down for a place that nice and indoors and do some pictures, but other than that I am in shorts and a button down at nice places and shorts and t-shirts everywhere else. This is the FIRST year that I am actually bringing a pair of DRESS pants but thats only because I will be speaking down there. Otherwise any dress stuff stays home!!!

Based on what im being told it kinda sounds like i could save the $20 because i do have many other shorts (mostly cargo).

Here are the restaurants im eating at so unless anyone has an inside info or past experiences with dress code at any of these ill just bring my 2 pairs of cargo shorts and a polo shirt to wear each night for dinner.

Matthews
    Passions on the Beach
    Madam Jeanettes
    Amadeus
    Gostoso
    Driftwood
    Gasparito

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast