Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: vow renewal help

Aruba since 1979
    lemonades from lemons.
    thank God for the happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    A few years ago we had a vow renewal planned with flowers, pedestals, an officiant, chairs, etc. My husband was informed while on vacation that he & 800 of his employees & co-workers had been laid off. We (well, I) flipped out and cancelled the whole renewal thing - I was felt it was a waste of money at that time. The family that we were with talked me into going thru with it on a completely scaled down level. We had our friend Bryan Morris (a photographer on the island) still do pictures and he picked up simple flowers for my hair and a single rose for my husband. My SIL created and performed an adorable ceremony & my nephew took video & played music from his cell phone & bluetooth speaker. We brought a frame to do a sand ceremony and a different color sand for each kid - mine & Rich's came right from the beach. It was more than I ever could have hoped for. Just us, my family & good friend, on the beach in Aruba. We pulled a few chairs over from the beach for my parents to sit, everyone else stood & danced together. It was just great. We went back to the Pata Pata bar at LaCabana for a few drinks & more dancing and then to Gianni's for dinner with the family.

My Avatar is from that day. Here are a few other pics

Attachment 4791Attachment 4792Attachment 4793

Is this a surprise for your wife, or is she in on planning also?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I am doing the leg work, but we are planning it together....I love the planning parts and have more free time, lol. I just booked hotel and will book our air soon- We will be at the Ritz from Aug 11-21st on the club level- I feel like I died and went to heaven each day there, lol.

What I should have said is, I do all the leg work then I get final approval from her, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    you wife sounds like she could be a good friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    What I should have said is, I do all the leg work then I get final approval from her, lol.

My wife is really nice, and really easy going- as long as I don't screw up travel plans, lol. We would love to meet you for drinks in Aruba, or Disney (when I am forced back) if I don't see you first in Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    our paths may not cross in a long while in aruba........we stay away from school vacation periods if we can!

we will catch you at disney!

forum member rpumpire is at house of mouse now, but we could not make a plan due to my schedule
    we are busier now being retired than when working full time.

I too would avoid the vacation weeks if possible, they kill my vacation budget...but I don't have many choices as I teach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12