Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: VPN server

VPN server

Has anyone used "Hide My Ass" VPN in Aruba? They have a server in Palm beach area. In case the question sounds strange, this relates to the internet.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    Has anyone used "Hide My Ass" VPN in Aruba? They have a server in Palm beach area. In case the question sounds strange, this relates to the internet.
    Are you concerned about throughput/speed? And are you using SETAR as the ISP? SETAR can be touch and go speed-wise... a VPN will ultimately impact. Not sure I'd use one with SETAR as they also throttle on the land lines... BUT, if you're doing it via mobile LTE connection, we've had better/consistent speeds so that might be a better option.

Honestly this has to do with working from Aruba while masking my location.
    Next Aruba trip in

I used MIO for my internet last time I was there
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    Honestly this has to do with working from Aruba while masking my location.
    Ah. Got it. If you're just checking in periodically, there shouldn't be any issues. If you need a constant connection (ie your company is checking your online availability), I'd be more concerned about the ISP than the VPN.

I use IPVanish on a basic Setar domestic service and have no problems. I use it on only an a ADSL line (averages 8mb/s) and the speed loss is minimal. Web page speed and YouTube etc. is all fine and to be honest I don't notice any difference in speed.

Try a one month subscription with the provider of your choice and see if it works for you. I used MIO last year (without the VPN) and download speeds seemed pretty fast so it should work fine with a VPN depending on your location as the MIO works on the Cellular system.
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 05-29-2016 at 05:03 AM.