Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm Beer?

Warm Beer?

I just read on "Amigoe" that Aruba is popular with the Brits. Does that mean the hotels will have to sell beer at room tempurature.

PS:- We just got back from England and I do love a "Good Pint".
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    hahaha the brits have been frequent visitors to aruba and the bars have yet to start serving warm beer

The Tamarijn has begun serving baked tomatoes at breakfast, but no warm beer. P.S. I will take the tomatoes anytime. Warm Balashi? Um, no!

Aruba since 1979
    i had a balashi at the ABC pool bar and poured it over a cup of ice.
    the bartender said she'd never seen anyone do that.
    hahaha
    i drank it fast enough so the ice did not melt and water it down ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The Tamarijn has begun serving baked tomatoes at breakfast, but no warm beer. P.S. I will take the tomatoes anytime. Warm Balashi? Um, no!

We had baked tomatoes at our breakfast buffet at out hotel in London last summer - loved 'em! But in all of the pubs we drank beer at (and there were many ) we never encountered any warm beer in London (for which I was thankful! )
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i had a balashi at the ABC pool bar and poured it over a cup of ice.
    the bartender said she'd never seen anyone do that.
    hahaha
    i drank it fast enough so the ice did not melt and water it down ;-)
    Quite often I will put some ice in my beer to keep it cold. That is after the first one of course, because the first one doesn't last long enough.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979

Not that everyone's taste is the same, I know our mates from Somerset prefer not to have a warm beer. And you know, from the time I spent in Britain, I don't personally recall ever being offered or served a warm one... not that it happened a lot, but it was often enough.
    Is that warm beer thing regional or yet another myth of olde Britain?

Outside of a specialty theme pub in Aruba, (and we've already seen that not work... i.e: Kildare's), I don't see the idea of a warm one catching on all too quick. The place is just a little too warm... though I would be happy as could be to be able to experience a bit of the isles on the island.

Then again, why bother? I'm already in paradise....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Real Ale or 'Bitter' is served here in the UK at between 10 - 14 C. This is normally the cellar temperature of the pub or bar. People say that we drink warm beer here in the UK, but its not really warm, its just not chilled as cold as a beer (or a Lager as we would say here !!). I would say less than 20-30% of people in the U.K. drink Real ale or Bitter, most people drink lager (Cold beer).

I suppose you might find a very small number of British people wanting to drink a pint of 'Abbot Ale' or 'Bishops Finger' (!!) in Aruba but I suppose that would be similar to someone from the U.S. coming over and insisting on drinking bottles or Bud or Miller ........

Whilst in Aruba who on earth would want to drink anything other than Balashi anyway !!!!

GHM
    I quite agree "elephant-guy". I have just returned from 2 weeks in Aruba (it was paradise), and whilst in the UK a confirmed bitter drinker (Fullers London Pride and St Austell Ales Tribute being my current favourites), I enjoyed many a cold Balashi in Aruba. When in Rome...

By the way, currently 19C in London, and cloudy, with up to 5cm of rain forecast for this afternoon apparently!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast