Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Weather

I hope the weather straightens out before 2/14.

Thanks Shanb42 for the link to the live webcam. I hope the weather & waves even out by Friday.

JRC

Rough surf in Aruba

Just came back from Aruba last night (Feb. 7). On Friday, Feb. 6, starting at about 1 pm, the ocean became very rough. We could see big breakers over a mile out off Palm Beach. On Friday, the small craft were ordered in near shore. On Saturday (Feb. 7), they had all been moved into Oranjestad or near the airport. Rumors of some volcanic activity in Colombia, but that hasn't been confirmed. The beach was littered with seaweed and washed up garbage. The hotels cleaned it up pretty well and early. But keeping one's footing in and out of the ocean was hard. Moreover, the water was all churned up with sand.

Blame the adverse sea conditions on Chavez.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

As far as I know, Joe is still on the Island - his wife is from OH.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Thanks Shanb42 for the link to the live webcam. I hope the weather & waves even out by Friday.
    I'm with you RiverRat. We are packing for our first trip to Aruba, arriving on Feb. 14. Thanks Shanb42 for the surf report.

BTW 44, I ordered two copies of your book One is a Valentine's Day gift for DH to start reading on the plane. (The other is for me hehehe) I'll check your schedule for events between the 14 and 22 of February.

Thanks to all of you for all of the time and enthusiasm you put into these boards. I wish I had found you earlier , but I am totally immersed in reading and planning now!

Have a sunny day!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmomma View Post
    I'm with you RiverRat. We are packing for our first trip to Aruba, arriving on Feb. 14. Thanks Shanb42 for the surf report.

BTW 44, I ordered two copies of your book One is a Valentine's Day gift for DH to start reading on the plane. (The other is for me hehehe) I'll check your schedule for events between the 14 and 22 of February.

Thanks to all of you for all of the time and enthusiasm you put into these boards. I wish I had found you earlier , but I am totally immersed in reading and planning now!

Have a sunny day!
    Mermaid, where are you staying??? I can hardly wait! I teach and school is going to go really sloooowww this week!

We are at the Surf Club.

Mermaid, where are you staying??? I can hardly wait! I teach and school is going to go really sloooowww this week!

We are at the Surf Club.
    River,
    We are a family of 4 DH, myself, and 2 DSs age 15 and almost 10. We will be at the Marriott next week, but looking forward to scouting out some other spots...maybe Tamarijn for our next trip. Where will you be? School sure is going slow this week hahaha. One day down and only four more to go!! You can do it! What do you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmomma View Post
    River,
    We are a family of 4 DH, myself, and 2 DSs age 15 and almost 10. We will be at the Marriott next week, but looking forward to scouting out some other spots...maybe Tamarijn for our next trip. Where will you be? School sure is going slow this week hahaha. One day down and only four more to go!! You can do it! What do you teach?
    My husband and I are traveling with another couple who have never been to Caribbean. Can't wait to see their faces. I teach English in a middle school. Love it! Maybe we will see you around on the beach in front of Marriott. Is the butterfly pic from Aruba?

My husband and I are traveling with another couple who have never been to Caribbean. Can't wait to see their faces. I teach English in a middle school. Love it! Maybe we will see you around on the beach in front of Marriott. Is the butterfly pic from Aruba?

Hi River,
    I am sure your friends will love it. We love the Caribbean, and are so excited to visit Aruba!
    The butterfly visited me at the American Museum of Natural History here in NYC. He landed on my glasses and stayed there for about 10 minutes. Then he migrated to my shirt for a 20 minute visit. People kept asking me if it was a pin Nope! He's my new friend. I hated to say good bye to him. My little guy and I are looking forward to visiting the butterflies next week in Aruba.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast