Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: we "HATE" the crying room

I didn't know what the "crying room " was until I got into the OP.

I'm surprised at the responses. We aren't as traumatized by the airport departure area as some of you seem to be. When we arrive, we're tired and stiff from getting up at an ungodly hour and sitting on a plane for 5 hours. I look at the departure area and think how relaxed and tanned they all look. When it's our turn to leave 2 weeks later, I'm not happy but I'm not "crying" either. Part of me is looking forward to getting home again. OK, a very small part.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Total fakes! Words, not kind, were exchanged when they told us to move our carryon out of the way so that they could get thru.
    Note....their phoney wheelchairs had long since been discarded and our bags were no where near in their way. I think they were offended because we picked up on their charade. Shame on them.

PS.....lot's of tired or grumpy people in that room. You're still on the island of Aruba, but it sure doesn't feel like it!
    Last edited by rob o; 09-22-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I didn't know what the "crying room " was until I got into the OP.

I'm surprised at the responses. We aren't as traumatized by the airport departure area as some of you seem to be. When we arrive, we're tired and stiff from getting up at an ungodly hour and sitting on a plane for 5 hours. I look at the departure area and think how relaxed and tanned they all look. When it's our turn to leave 2 weeks later, I'm not happy but I'm not "crying" either. Part of me is looking forward to getting home again. OK, a very small part.
    I guess we really don't think about it that much either. We're usually sitting at the Old Dutch Bar waiting for our flight to board, having a couple of Brights, talking about what a fun time we had, and are busy discussing our next trips/destinations that we have on our agenda. It's all good - had a great vacation and looking forward to others.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    The crying room is made much WORSE by the lack of food!!!
    last time we were there we saw 2 couples traveling together. Each couple had 1 person in a wheel chair being merrily pushed thru the lines. So 4 persons cut everyone and made it to the front of every line. This little show started at the line to check in. Well we watched with curiosity as we had seen them walking the island several times. So we again see them in the crying room laughing and running around to the news stands, getting ice cream, buying candy, hitting the rest rooms...sorry to say I would have liked to have tripped them as they paraded up and down the aisles of the sitting area.
    Am I bad, I think so... Pissed actually. Total fakes! Words, not kind, were exchanged when they told us to move our carryon out of the way so that they could get thru.
    My wife needs a wheel chair to get through, but there is no way she could make it to the first security check without a chair. The people that do that are total jerks. Reminds me of when we took our grandkids to Disney world one year and rented a chair there. We got in line for a ride (5 of us) and a young man in a sports coat came and took the chair from me and took us all to a handicapped entrance. We got on soon. He told us that all the rides were open to handicapped people. We had not known that before. He said there were some people that took advantage of it and were not handicapped but it was hard to deny them if they said they were. My wife felt bad because she saw those with severe handicaps in those lines and her problems are minor in comparison. I reminded her that she could not last 10 minutes without the chair. The people that do that have a special place in hell reserved for them.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    When I'm sitting in the crying room it doesn't really bother me when I see the new arrivals coming in, but when I am one of those new arrivals I do try to avoid making eye contact just because I know how much some people hate it.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    If you need a wheel chair then you should have one. I am happy to let anyone who needs extra help cut me, it was the watching them hop out of the cab, lift their own luggage, get a porter to get wheel chairs for them. In fact the 2 sitting in the wheelchairs had all their carry ons loaded on their laps. We watched this whole thing unfold. The end result with the running around the airport at the crying room area was really bad. Shame on them. They CLEARLY did not need them. If you are reading this you foursome, shame on you.
    Again, needing one is fine, being lazy and abusing the system is not. ( you will not see me in a wheelchair being pushed thru the airport with Rob laughing...)
    it was the laughing room to them.
    arubabob thanks for sharing that!😄

my my crying room date is 10/5.......

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    My wife needs a wheel chair to get through, but there is no way she could make it to the first security check without a chair. The people that do that are total jerks. Reminds me of when we took our grandkids to Disney world one year and rented a chair there. We got in line for a ride (5 of us) and a young man in a sports coat came and took the chair from me and took us all to a handicapped entrance. We got on soon. He told us that all the rides were open to handicapped people. We had not known that before. He said there were some people that took advantage of it and were not handicapped but it was hard to deny them if they said they were. My wife felt bad because she saw those with severe handicaps in those lines and her problems are minor in comparison. I reminded her that she could not last 10 minutes without the chair. The people that do that have a special place in hell reserved for them.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Disney no longer gives instant access to attractions to people with disabilities. Last year it was reported in the New York Post that wealthy New Yorkers were hiring disabled people to pretend to be family members so they could skip lines.

These rich families were paying $130 a hour or $1,040 for a 8 hour day. http://nypost.com/2013/05/14/rich-ma...-disney-world/ There is a special place in hell for those people. Despicable.

When Disney found out about this, Disney changed the rules. Now people with a disability that have a new disability access card will be given a ticket with the time that they can enter an attraction, based on the current wait time.

We start planning our next years vacation as soon as we arrive at airport, also having a couple at one happy bar helps medicate the mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12