Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: We have entered the "Unofficial slower season"

Aruba since 1979

We have entered the "Unofficial slower season"

Welcome to the slower Aruba traveling season.
    Now thru right before Thanksgiving and then the Monday after Thanksgiving thru Dec 20.
    Slower because the kidlings are back to school, parents are back to work, grandparents are back to providing daycare/babysitting

However, if you are able to "sneak away" this is an absolutely perfect time to be in Aruba.
    The crowds have disappeared (see sentence #2 )
    The weather is dependable.
    The Caribbean Sea water along Aruba's beaches are incredibly warm.
    Restaurant week is coming up.
    Hugely discounted timeshare rental rates.

Do it...........find child care/baby sitters, kennel the pets, head off to the airport!

I'll be there 10/19 to 10/27. Adults only trip. Can't wait!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I'd love to give Aruba a try during the slower season. However, airline prices keep our travels closer to home, so we will be enjoying the slower season along the Outer Banks, NC, next week instead. It is very nice and relaxing, but not the same as the beautiful caribbean waters.

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    It is so awesome, every day there are less and less people here at Surf Club. It's the reason we come at this time every year. I would estimate occupancy here at 50 percent or less...

Great idea, I think I'll start packing now. We'll be going in March but I could very easily be talked into going in a couple of weeks.
    Next Aruba trip in

That's why we purchased in the slow season. Just 3 wks from now, and staying for 3 wks, and the first wk all by myself...woo hoo ! Can't wait

In the pool.
    This will be the earliest we've been down in low season. Looking forward to it!

We are here right now and have always loved the month of Sept. No reservations needed. Even popped into Wacky Wahoo last Thursday at the last minute - no reservations needed and no wait for a table. Love it - can go anywhere at any time.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

everywhere and anywhere
    originally went every year in september, now go the 3 weeks before Thanksgiving the peace and quiet.....even when the TS seems packed there is always room at the pool, beach and what ever sailing excursions you choose... think today marks exactly 2 months to go.......

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It is so awesome, every day there are less and less people here at Surf Club. It's the reason we come at this time every year. I would estimate occupancy here at 50 percent or less...
    We stayed at the Surf Club in September a few years ago and it was not crowded at all. We enjoy September and October on the island because it is less crowded. Easier to get a low cost timeshare unit as well. That being said, most of our trips have been in May before school gets out and it is about the same people wise. The exception to that was in 2013 and 2014 when we took our GD and GS there for their high school graduation gift. We went in June those 2 years.
    Last edited by arubabob; 09-07-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast