Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Cool We Leave in 2 Months!!

I can't believe how fast time flies!!

We are booked for a week at the Surf Club.

Bully will pick us up at the airport & take us back.

We have rented a car for 2 days - to do grocery shopping & some snorkeling from the beaches.

Have a snorkle trip booked with Strea Charters

& a Discover SCUBA course with JADS.

Reservations 1 night at Madame J's.

Massages on the next to last day at Manchebo - the romance package!!

A couple of days just chilling at the beach!!

Am I missing anything??

Thanks!!

This is almost the most exciting part, the anticipation of going, I too, have 2 months left and I can't wait either! Thinking about the upcoming trip helps get me thru my long days at work.

Where are you staying??

We're staying at the Surf Club too. 1st time. Last year it was Ocean Club. I hope it's not too crowded, we really loved the peaceful feeling of the Ocean Club.

We stayed at the Surf Club in 2008 - and it was not crowded at all. That was in May of 2008. There was a long line to check in on Saturday - so this year we are checking in on a Monday.

Since we do a lot of excursions & are out and about - the people didn't bother us.

We spent 1 whole day at the pool. Went down early & got chairs - then floated on the river & stuff till about 2 pm. Then we were cooked & went inside.

We liked it so much - we booked here again!! I really liked the pool & the unit we had.

I asked around & this time of year should not be too bad - no major holidays.

It should be relatively calm at the Surf Club in late September as most of the large families will be long gone and a lot less hectic at the pool and beach. We also checked in on a Monday and it was great-much shorter line and the room was ready pretty early.
    I would recommend you try Chef's Tables for dinner one night. it has been around for 4 or 5 years but I think it was Amy on this site who recommended we try it and it was a terrific meal in a really nice courtyard setting. it's only 5-10 minutes from the SC by taxi or car. Two other "new" places for us this trip that we recommend were Linda's Pancakes and Bingo, which is actually next door to Linda's and is a fun Dutch bar good for a casual burger/salad/sandwich dinner.

I have heard of Linda's pancakes - do you know how to get there?

We will have a car for 2 days - so we'd like to try places that are new & that we can drive to. As the rest of the week - it will be walking for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
    I have heard of Linda's pancakes - do you know how to get there?

We will have a car for 2 days - so we'd like to try places that are new & that we can drive to. As the rest of the week - it will be walking for us!!
    Linda's is located in the same small strip mall as Bingo. Here is Bingo's map - just follow it and you will see Linda's at one end of the strip mall and Bingo at the other end. http://www.bingoaruba.com/bingo_about.html

Linda's is great for both breakfast (pancakes) and also pizza (take out or eat in.) Bingo is one of our favorites as well - been going there for years and love the local flavor of a Dutch pub with good food!

As Jeff said above, Chefs Tables is also another great restaurant. Be sure to ask to be seated in their courtyard in the back - very pretty setting (and great food, too!)

I will also be there in about 2 months (Sept. 25-Oct. 5) for trip #22 - staying at Amsterdam Manor. Be sure to stop by the bulletin board parties on Mondays if you're free!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-27-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Here's a link to Chef's Tables web site which includes directions and their menu. You turn left at the roundabout where the mini golf used to be (now a sign for the new Super Foods to be built) and you go straight for about 2 miles-opposite the big tooth. Definitely eat outside in the courtyard unless it is super hot and uncomfortable out.

http://chefstablesaruba.com/