Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

We need a builder - help!

Hi

We're closing on the purchase of our house in Noord on 17th April and have been trying to get quotes for building work from where we live in the UK. It has taken us 3 months to get one quote and this is extortionate! Probably 3 times the price of similar work to be done in the UK!

Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced builder we can contact to knock through 2 door openings and put in doors, and do some ceramic floor tiling around the pool and on the patios (with us providing the tiles)?

We will be in Aruba from 17th April to 4th May and will need the work doing during this time.

All help gratefully received......thank you!

Sue

Sue

Try and find a contractor named Bob McLean, Hebuilt our pumphouse and other work done for us, Remember to write out exactly a scope of work when being quoted and use it to follow progress,

We will be on Island at same time

Thanks John

I'll see if we can track him down. He sounds Scottish with a name like McLean! If you stumble across his contact details we'd be more than interested to have them. In the interim I'll have a search about.

Thanks for the advice. Hope to catch up with you next month.

I looked for his contact info. No longer have it here in Canada. I suggest you contact Tim Smit at Crystal Pools as he has worked alongside Bob and probably has contact info

John

Thanks John.

I have emailed Tim Smit, so hopefully he will come back to me.

Many thanks again for your help.

Sue