Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Are we talking about the same island?

Thank God I have only 25 days before I leave Aruba! I chose the island because of all those praises on this forum. I was expecting something out of this world. Oh well!
    You have a feeling there are more cars here than people. The island stinks gasoline. Trade winds help but not much.
    To see fish you actually have to go somewhere, like Malmock or other place. It is not that you walk into the water and see fish.
    Restaurant meals and scuba dive operators are overpriced.
    Bus drivers shout at you if you do not know your stop.
    Those infamous Ling and Sons do not replace broken sun screen aerosol on the premises: it worked when you bought it thus you broke it
    The place is boring. You rarely hear any music playing even from the hotels.
    City is practically dead at night. No all-night pub roll.
    Riviera Maya beats the place any time of the day or night.
    On a brighter note groceries and alcohol are dirt cheap and I do not know what you guys complain about.

Obviously, Aruba isn't for everyone.......................

I am sorry to say this........ but I have to agree with a lot you have to say.

BUT also they are some of the reasons we keep going back.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

When we tell people what to expect about Aruba we always tell them it is not a lush, tropical island.

What is the appeal of Aruba? If you have travelled to many other islands you understand... to be able to go to an island and be able to wander around safely, have terrific weather, beautiful people (with limited crime and poverty), great restaurants, relax and meet nice people from all over the world, that is why we love Aruba.

Nightlife is quieter but that is what they want. The island is very family oriented and people are not interested in having it become a wild destination point like Mexico. We who travel to Aruba also like it because of that. Still, the night life is getting better and could do with some improvement without getting out of hand. But that will come, I am sure. However, it seems that many do not want Aruba to become too commercialized (some say it has already) as it will loose its appeal.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    different stroke/different folks.
    thanks for posting your opinions
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Student20 View Post
    Thank God I have only 25 days before I leave Aruba! I chose the island because of all those praises on this forum. I was expecting something out of this world. Oh well!
    You have a feeling there are more cars here than people. The island stinks gasoline. Trade winds help but not much.
    To see fish you actually have to go somewhere, like Malmock or other place. It is not that you walk into the water and see fish.
    Those infamous Ling and Sons do not replace broken sun screen aerosol on the premises: it worked when you bought it thus you broke it
    On a brighter note groceries and alcohol are dirt cheap and I do not know what you guys complain about.

Banned
    "Groceries and alcohol are dirt cheap" Where on earth are you from? Alcohol is 30 to 40 % more expensive than the U.S and groceries sure ain't cheap.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Student20 View Post
    I was going to say something nasty and sarcastic back to this post, however, I decided to keep it as somewhat pleasant and upbeat...
    You are obviously a student as you have used that as your name, if I was a student and going to Aruba for a good time, party city, get drunk outa my mind this is not the place I would have choosen. Most of the posters are not students and see the island thru "adult" eyes. We love it for its wonderful beaches and people, we love its asst. of restuarants, its laid back attitude.
    I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. My teens have grown up here and understand this is an island you respect and enjoy.
    Each and eveyone of us have opinions thats what makes this a great forum.

Go to Cancun - sounds more like your speed. I like the fact Aruba
    is not a party island and not a "spring break" destination.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "BUT also they are some of the reasons we keep going back."
    ----- Ditto. R & R to just sit on a great beach and enjoy some Amstel Bright.
    >>>> "Go to Cancun - sounds more like your speed."
    ----- Ditto.
    >>>> "The place is boring."
    ----- To some yes.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 06-05-2009 at 12:03 PM.

I love the fact that my family can enjoy a vacation without dealing with the "spring break" crowd. Different stokes for different folks.

In twenty years you will love Aruba...trust me.

In the meantime....at least enjoy the weather!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast