Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Weather????????????

Hi all, Caide mar ata sibh uilig?? (just spreading a bit of irish with ye )
    Well our countdown is well and truely on.. heading to Bucuti Beach for our honeymoon arriving 10th August... we have been a little worried lately thou, as i check da weather forecast and this forum daily and have been reading that the weather has been something to worry about???? I have imagined Aruba to be paradise, with gorgeous weather to match its beaches (and people )... should we be worried or will the weather pick up by August???

We are travelling from Ireland, stopping off in NY to break our travelling, approx 10+++ hours from Ireland to Aruba , As you can imagine we have fingers, toes, eyes etc crossed that we'll be lucky with the weather.. after reading Arubalisa report about the rain at the airport, its so disheartening...

Any positive comments on the weather from anyone????

Dom
    Do not worry about the weather. I have been going to Aruba in July or August for over 30 years, and the weather has never been even a consideration. I just returned from Aruba last week after a 2 week stay, and we had almost no rain at all. The only time the ground got wet was one morning about 6:30AM when it rained for about 5 minutes. Enjoy your honeymoon and do not worry about the weather. You will love the Bucuti and its wonderful beach. Say hello to Lionel, Marina, Juan, and Aldrick the bartenders at the beach bar. The Bucuti has a great happy hour at the beach bar with 1/2 price drinks, music, and snacks.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

weather

Dom,

Thanks so much, i feel a little more at ease hearing that. We havnt been overly worried about the weather until this week when i was reading about ts and rain showers, ill try not to think about it until we arrive..

I cant tell you how excited we are, even more so from finding this website and forum, its great having "professionals" to answer our many questions
    I have heard great reports about the Bucuti Beach Resort... we have reserved a table in the flying fishbone on one night but are leaving the other nights to unfold as we go along

Thanks again.. fingers crossed da weather will pick up by 10th August..

Aruba W*e*a*t*h*e*r

Yes, a little rainy the past few days, but highly unusual for this time of year. Overall, the island has been extremely dry. The island was incredibly green at Christmas time due to the rainy season. We just returned and in 17 visits, I have NEVER seen the island so brown and absolutely bone dry.

The year that we visited Aruba in August we were there for 15 nights and had only one rain shower. It occurred just as we were waking up and was followed by a gorgeous rainbow. That was it though for any rain or showers.

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

Close to sunset, the sun is reflecting off the water at the Bucuti tonight ...go and enjoy!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks Arubalisa,

Enjoyed reading your report earlier.. this forum is great it just makes me more excited everyday Im addicted to this site, i log in everyday jusst to read up on new threads..

Apart from the rain on your last day did you enjoy the rest of your holiday??

Quote Originally Posted by Brídeog View Post
    Apart from the rain on your last day did you enjoy the rest of your holiday??
    Thanks for asking!Absolutely positively had a wonderful time. Unless one were to become ill, I would find it very hard to have a bad time in Aruba.

weather

Like Dom, i too hve been going to Aruba for 30 years (actually 31, got you Dom LOL). Always end July into August. Last year, it was a little cloudy when we left the hotel to go home. When we got to the airport it started to really rain. I was laughing. It was the first time in 30 years that I have seen rain in Aruba.

My daughter is there now, she called me yesterday, almost crying because it was so unusual, that it was raining all day. Today she told me it was back to normal, beautiful weather.
    I leave next month, July31, for 12 days.

Not to worry bout the weather, it wont be a problem
    And if it is, just drink a lot of Arriba Arubas!