Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyecks View Post
    Well, I have been here since 10/7 and I can say that we have not had one NICE day yet. It has been overcast and cloudy every day. This morning we woke up, at 3am, to some very heavy thunderstorms. As of right now, at 10am, it has been thundering and lightening non-stop since then. The hotel lobby is packed with people looking for things to do since it is dangerous to be on the beach. We just spoke with someone that has been here already for a week, and she said that Sat. was the best day that they have had. It has rained everyday for them as well. Not to happy, here in Aruba right now. I'm here for two weeks, have a wedding this Wed. on the beach.. and so far it's looking rather grim.
    I can feel for you !!! I was there a couple of years ago and it rained from the Sunday we got there until Friday...and we were only there a week that time. It was so cold one afternoon I had goose bumps.........However, that is rare and have never had it happen since. Maybe since it's been raining a week it will start to clear up today(Thursday) and you will have a nice weekend and even nicer day on Wednesday for the wedding...
    Good Luck and I'll talk to the rain gods for you....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

So sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than being rained on during vacation. I am sure Michele (Danadog) will work her magic with the rain gods!

Looked at the local forecast and it appears to be a tropical issue :
    Synopsis: Lingering moisture and an active Intertropical Covergence Zone will combine to produce more cloudiness in the regional area during the next 24 hours. Therefore, expect some isolated showers and or thunderstorms over the local islands during this forecast period. Some of these showers could be locally heavy.

ArubaLisa, according to your last post the rain-gods were not listening to me...Must take of my shoes and really get into the "Rain go away dance " !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

were there from 9/23-10/4 very hot not a sign of rain only at night guess we were luckey it did rain the night before we got there.

Well, on a good note, I was looking at the new webcam at the Amsterdam Manor tonight at dusk and there were people dining on the beach at Passions, so it must have stopped raining. Good job Michele! http://ambrcam.stardotcams.com/

Thanks Lisa! I wasn't aware of that new Cam...

danadog,

i'll help you out, " rain, rain, go away " I'm doing a little dance also, I do hope this works

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Yes, thank you!

Ok, so yesterday it started to clear up around 3:30pm. We went into the water regardless not long after my post. It had stopped lightening, and when those black clouds of doom were far away we figured "why not" we're already wet! lol.

It then started to lift a bit, but the sun never really came out. We had a late night last night at the bar here thanks to a great entertainer "Giovanni", so I slept late. I'm about to go on the beach, and from here it looks pretty sunny!

YAY! Thank you!

Weather this week????

Im nervous!!! I arrive this Thursday for 5 nights and the weather forecast says RAINNNN!!!! I don't like hearing that! lol
    Is anyone there right now, or have any input???

Quote Originally Posted by mizzgolitely View Post
    Is anyone there right now, or have any input???
    "Synopsis: Tropical depression fifteen formed this morning Southwest of Puerto Rico and is slowly moving Northwest during the next 24 hours. Although this system will not affect our weather directly, it will induce temporarily mostly cloudy skies with a few showers and or thunderstorms over the local ABC islands. Some of these showers could be locally heavy."

http://tinyurl.com/23p296
    Thursday, Oct 16
    A t-storm around in the p.m. Low: 80 F High: 88 F

Friday, Oct 17
    Cloudy, thunderstorms; humid Low: 80 F High: 89 F

Saturday, Oct 18
    Humid with decreasing clouds Low: 80 F High: 89 F

Sunday, Oct 19
    Mostly sunny and humid Low: 81 F High: 90 F

Monday, Oct 20
    Overcast, a t-storm; humid Low: 80 F High: 90 F

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast