Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

We arrived here on Saturday to a few rain showers. By the time we made it to the Divi, the sun was out. No wind AT ALL. It has rained a little at night (sometimes heavy) and early morning since, but nothing during the day so far. This evening it started raining around 9:30pm. It was VERY windy today and the surf was wild. We had been checking the weather before arriving as well and it said rain too. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hope that it passes for you as well!

Looks like some wild surf this morning. Things should be looking better according to this
    http://www.weather.com/multimedia/vi...r_outlet_video
    John and Susan
    Currently at 40.91N 73.04W
    Wishing we were 12.32N 70.02W

Here's the problem:

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Sa...ation=DRXX0012

Big red ugly blob of weather sitting right over Aruba.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Go away blob, go away!
    John and Susan
    Currently at 40.91N 73.04W
    Wishing we were 12.32N 70.02W

Aruba since 1979
    that blob is going to be tropical storm OMAR and is projected to head towards st maarten and the us virgin islands during the next few days.

talked to a friend on island this morning and it is DARK and ominous there right now.

andrea

Those are some HUGE waves!

Weather forecast for the ABC Islands valid until Wednesday mainta 06:00 AST, October 15, 2008.

Weather:
    Today: Mostly cloudy to overcast skies with periods of rain and or showers and thunderstorms.
    Tonight thorugh Wednesday morning: Partly to mostly cloudy with a few isolated showers and or thunderstorms.
    Winds: Between South and West and light to moderate; force 2 to 4 (7 to 30 km/hour, 4 to 16 knots). In and around showers, occasionally fresh to strong in gusts; force 5 to 6 (31 to 50 km/hour, 17 to 27 knots).
    Synopsis: Cloudiness associated with tropical depression #15 will continue to produce showers and or thunderstorms over the local islands. Some of these showers could be locally heavy.
    Tropical Weather: For information on tropical cyclones we invite you to consult the page on Internet using the following site http://www.weather.an/cyclones/index.asp
    Sea conditions: Seas at the South and West coastal areas seas will be rough. Therefore, owners of small craft and beach facilities are urged to take this into account.
    Forecaster: Dave Barkmeyer
    The next weather forecast will be issued Tuesday at 10:00 AST (14:00 UTC).
    Last updated: Tuesday October 14, 2008, 06:00 AST (10:00 UTC).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-tarabeach.jpg  
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Well no sun today for sure. The morning hours seemed like it would lift, however it has gone down hill from there. LOTS of flooding on the island. Heavy rains, wind and very very high surf. Water is coming into many rooms (from the rain) and the ocean is almost up to the boardwalk at the Divi. The doors at the buffet keep blowing open and the water is coming into the resturant from under the doors even when they are closed! Our waiter mentioned another 12 hours or so of this... however we have heard others say 24 . We leave on Thursday, so we would like one last beach day!

Eeeeek

I will be arriving on Thurs 10/16 and I'm kinda freaking out because of all the bad weather! I'll be there 10/16-21, any chance of getting a tan, or should i expect a washout?????

Quote Originally Posted by mizzgolitely View Post
    I will be arriving on Thurs 10/16 and I'm kinda freaking out because of all the bad weather! I'll be there 10/16-21, any chance of getting a tan, or should i expect a washout?????

Tonight through Wednesday midday: Partly to mostly cloudy skies with a few isolated showers and or thunderstorms.

http://maps.wunderground.com/tropica...0815.disc.html
    Statement as of 11:00 am EDT on October 14, 2008
    "...Omar has been drifting south to southeastward the past 12 hours...and currently shows no sign of changing that motion. However...all of the available model guidance indicates that a broad deep mid-latitude trough over the central and western Atlantic will continue to drop southward and gradually pick up Omar and nudge it to the east during the next 12 hours...and then accelerate it to the northeast after that. ..."

Thursday
    Widely Scattered Showers

High 88 F. Low 81 F.

haven't been anywhere but Palm Beach - looking forward to exploring.
    Arubalisa I think you're amazing - you have a handle on everything. Bless you! Are you also a class mother? I would be on you team anytime. Thank you for all the facts and information you seem to have at your fingertips no matter what. Sincerely, Thank you.

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast