Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Joycee View Post
    Arubalisa I think you're amazing - you have a handle on everything. Bless you! Are you also a class mother? I would be on you team anytime. Thank you for all the facts and information you seem to have at your fingertips no matter what. Sincerely, Thank you.
    Thanks Joycee for your kind words. It seems there are no more class mothers in middle school. But, I try to do my best as a "band parent".

Hello,
    Just got back on Monday and just to let everyone know that it rained all day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 10/6 thru 10/08. It also downpoured every night after 10 p.m. or so... The rest of the week was sunny and hot. I was told that there was a lot of rain in the forecast for the next several weeks. The entire week there were no trade winds and they said that is the reason why ther rain was in the forcast for the next several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCAJEAN View Post
    Hello,
    Just got back on Monday and just to let everyone know that it rained all day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 10/6 thru 10/08. It also downpoured every night after 10 p.m. or so... The rest of the week was sunny and hot. I was told that there was a lot of rain in the forecast for the next several weeks. The entire week there were no trade winds and they said that is the reason why ther rain was in the forcast for the next several weeks.
    We head out on the October 30th. I can only remember one year in the past 16 that we had rain more than two days straight over our stay. Mostly we would get a passing shower or maybe one day of rain. The way it sounds we could be in for some bad weather. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon... Still packing my shades

Wednesday
    Widely Scattered Showers High 88 F Low 81 F

Thursday
    Isolated Showers High 88 F Low 81 F

Friday

Partly Cloudy High 88 F Low 81 F

Weather forecast for the ABC Islands valid until Thursday morning 06:00 AST, October 16 2008.
    http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp
    Weather:
    Today: Partly to mostly cloudy skies with some periods of rain and showers possible; risk of an isolated thunderstorm.
    Tonight through Thursday morning: Party cloudy, occasionally mostly cloudy with a few showers possible and risk of an isolated thunderstorm.

Winds: Between West Southwest and West Northwest and moderate to strong; force 4 to 6 (20 to 50 km/hour, 11 to 27 knots). In and around showers occasionally near gale to gale force wind in gusts; force 7 to 8 (51 to 74 km/hour, 28 to 40 knots).
    Synopsis: Omar, now a Hurricane was located at 5 am this morning at 14.6 degrees North and 67.7 degrees West or about 290 km North Northeast of Curacao. Omar is moving to the Northeast at 11 km/ hr with maximum winds of 120 km/ hr. During the next day or so, cloudiness and shower activity associated with Omar will continue to spread showers and or thunderstorms over the local islands. Some of these showers could be locally heavy.
    Tropical Weather: For more information on tropical cyclones we invite you to consult the page on Internet using the following site http://www.weather.an/cyclones/index.asp
    Sea conditions: Seas at the South and West coastal areas will continue to be rough, 6 to up to 10 feet. Elsewhere, moderate to occasionally rough mainly in and around showers. A Small Craft Warning remains in effect for the ABC Islands until further notice. Owners of small craft and beach facilities should be aware of this event.
    Forecaster: Dave Barkmeyer
    The next weather forecast will be issued Wednesday at 10:00 AST (15/14:00 UTC).
    Last updated: Wednesday October 15, 2008, 06:00 AST (10:00 UTC).

Omar photos

Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Yikes!

I leave on Wednesday! I hope it's dried out by then!

Just got back from our trip to Aruba 10/16 thru 10/23. We stayed at the Tamarijn and only left once on a bus up to the high rise area. Rained twice that I can remember and once was middle of the night and the other sometime early morning before 7am. No bother except that the mosquitos are really bad.
    Next Aruba trip in

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    It is 7:45AM here at the Radisson. It's raining and skies are grey. Hopefully, it will clear up very soon. Yesterday was lovely most of the day; a shower around 2:30 PM or so...then it cleared. Don't know the weather report for today.. ..yet. We are enjoying every moment, however!!

Aruba weather update

In Aruba. Just to let everyone know the weather has been typical Aruba. All week its been sunny and hot with very few clouds. Staying at the Surf Club. One bummer is the ocean water along the Marriott properties is very smelly and very mushie when in the water. Our lights went out for about an hour last night ( a little scary at first ) but the generators kicked in and the common area lighting and elevators came on. Otherwise having a great week here in paradise!

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the beach though. Looks like another sparkling day in Aruba today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather-tarabeach.jpg  

Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast