Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by sara78 View Post
    So, a little suntan is still possible?
    I have gotten sunburned sitting UNDER a shade palapa on a day which was entirely OVERCAST. Will add there was no wind that day and it was hotter than Hades.

PLEASE, bring lots of sunscreen.

Someone once asked me since they lived in NY, how much stronger was the sun in Aruba compared to the sun in Florida where they were accustomed to vacationing. If you look at a map, Florida is half way between NY and Aruba. So doesn't that make the sun in Aruba twice as strong as in Florida? Either way...I have had my share of bad burns in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Hmm ...45 degrees here in Georgia , I think I like the Aruba weather better.
    For some of us, that's a given. I'm from Pennsylvania and I can't recall a single day where the weather was better here.

But Aruba is closer to the equator - so it's actually closer to the sun!!
    It's below the tropic of cancer. Google it or Wik it.

Hope that explains it a little for you!

Quick simple question. I'm going to Aruba 12/18-12/25. Looking at the extended forecast I see the lows are in the high 70's F. So there really is no reason to bring anything warmer than short-sleeve shirts is there?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    yep, nothing else needed...............

Quote Originally Posted by reggaemylitis View Post
    Quick simple question. I'm going to Aruba 12/18-12/25. Looking at the extended forecast I see the lows are in the high 70's F. So there really is no reason to bring anything warmer than short-sleeve shirts is there?
    We'll be there 12/18- 12/27. Let's hope for bright sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by nojo View Post
    We'll be there 12/18- 12/27. Let's hope for bright sunshine
    We were in Aruba for Christmas and New Years last year and the weather was terrific. Hot days, comfortable nights and showers in the early a.m. all but two days out of 13. Two days were mostly cloudy with showers off and on. Enjoy! I am jealous.

rain :( ?

I am going to be in Aruba Dec 24 - 31 and honestly I'm a bit nervous now. I don't know how accurate it will be but right now the 10 day forcast for Aruba has scattered showers or showers every day. The temerature seems warm though, in the 80's. How bad is this looking, and give it to me straight. Does this mean my relaxing on the beach may be briefly interrupted by some drizzling or am I looking at looking at 7 days of rain. Sigh. Not that I can really change my plans or anything.....

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    don't worry about it...it always says that.....

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Quote Originally Posted by jshorr View Post
    I am going to be in Aruba Dec 24 - 31 and honestly I'm a bit nervous now. I don't know how accurate it will be but right now the 10 day forcast for Aruba has scattered showers or showers every day. The temerature seems warm though, in the 80's. How bad is this looking, and give it to me straight. Does this mean my relaxing on the beach may be briefly interrupted by some drizzling or am I looking at looking at 7 days of rain. Sigh. Not that I can really change my plans or anything.....
    Dont worry... the forecast is always the same during the so called "rainy season".. I just got back Sunday after 3 weeks and the forecast said the same everyday.
    You might see a passing shower here and there (good opportunity to refresh drink!) but for the most part it rains overnight and by the time morning comes around everything is dried up.

Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast