Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Rain?

We're glad to have found this forum!

My wife and I are looking forward to our sixth visit to Aruba on Jan 24th. We have been checking the weather and have seen many days with scattered showers. One of the main reasons that we love Aruba is the beautiful and consistently sunny weather. It seems odd to see that much rain in the forecast. Does anyone have further information on that?

Quote Originally Posted by GR8LIFE View Post
    We're glad to have found this forum!

My wife and I are looking forward to our sixth visit to Aruba on Jan 24th. We have been checking the weather and have seen many days with scattered showers. One of the main reasons that we love Aruba is the beautiful and consistently sunny weather. It seems odd to see that much rain in the forecast. Does anyone have further information on that?
    With the winds they always predict some rain. The last few days there has been no rain on Eagle Beach. during the very early morning there has been the odd shower.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Mother Nature had other plans for us for almost the entire month of November. Haven't seen rain like that in 24 years.

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=C AC|AW|AA---|ORANJESTAD&metric=0 Overall not a bad forecast.

EBB, is correct about the showers. Last year Christmas and New Years we had showers nearly EVERY morning. By 10 a.m. the sun was out and shining brightly.

Aruba since 1979
    at noontime today, while LizAarubaLover and i were chatting........
    we felt 5 or 6 spits of rain.

either that or it was a passing bird

this morning at 4 there was a downpour that lasted 4 or 5 minutes

33 minutes to happy hr

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    33 minutes to happy hr
    And here all this time, I thought EVERY hour in Aruba was Happy Hour. Well maybe with the exception of time at the dentist. Enjoy!

What about the insects?

Can anyone recently returned from Aruba comment on the mosquito situation? We usually don't worry about them, however, we were there in October and just about got devoured!
    Next Aruba trip in

As long as there is standing water on the island those little buggers will continue to visit the island. We got back recently and used lots of "OFF" and it helped. Hopefully by the time we go back in May they will be gone.

We brought Off with us and its a good thing we did. The no-see-em's are bad, my legs got devoured the first night there. There was also a rain shower almost every other day last week, which from what I heard is unheard of. Anyhow, bring the bug spray, you will need it right now!
    - DuKe -

Next Aruba trip in

Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast