Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather

Quote Originally Posted by magner425 View Post
    Hi - we are coming on Saturday July 4.
    I am a bit worried - weather channel has RAIN for most of the time....

This is very concerning, as it is not rainy season, and we are leaving NJ from almost a month of on / off rain!!
    From my previous post on this page...

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=C AC|AW|AA---|ORANJESTAD&metric=0 You should hopefully like this forecast.

The island is dry and has been dry. This is typical a dry part of the year and all is normal. If there is rain it falls mainly as a brief early morning shower. I am guessing you are looking at the forecast on weather.com which always predicts rain or showers. Where they get the forecast from I do not know but it is not correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    You simply cannot believe what you read in the weather reports, which seem to always call for some sort of rain: showers; thunderstorms, etc. There may be some passing showers; certainly not enough to spoil anyone's day! Just go ....expect to have a wonderful vacation...and you WILL!!
    EXACTLY!

Again, if there is rain it falls mainly overnight, early morning, or in the form of a passing tropical shower, typically lasting 10 - 20 minutes. Dh and I usually just stay under our palapa or go into the water and swim.

http://www.weather.an/forecast/index.asp
    "Weather forecast for the ABC Islands valid until Wednesday morning 06:00 AST, July 1, 2009.
    Last updated: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 06:00 AST (10:00 UTC)

Weather:
    Today through Wednesday morning: Partly cloudy to mostly cloudy, mainly dry and hazy.

Forecast high will be 32C (90F), and low 26C (79F).
    Sunrise will occur at 06:14 A.M. and Sunset will be at 7:04 P.M.

Winds:
    Between East and southeast and moderate to fresh; force 4 to 5 (20 to 39 km/hour, 11 to 21 knots)
    Occasionally strong to possibly near gale in gusts; force 6 to 7 ( 40 to 61 km/hour, 22 to 33 knots).

Synopsis: During the next 24 hours no significant changes are expected in the current weather pattern. A generally dry weather condition will prevail and the Saharian dust will reduce the visibility during this forecast period. [it may make things hazier, but will not produce rain]

Sea conditions:
    With wave heights of 3 to 7 feet, sea condition will be generally moderate.

Tropical weather: None.

Special Features: None.

Outlook until Thursday morning:
    Partly cloudy with chance of a brief local shower.

Forecaster : Luciano.

The next weather forecast will be issued on Tuesday at 11:00 AST (15:00 UTC)"

Thank you Arubalisa for putting our concerns about the weather to rest...Living in New England we have had rain for the last month so when I saw rain for the extended forecast on weather.com I started to get worried. Keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful weather!

Quote Originally Posted by kjmendoza View Post
    Living in New England we have had rain for the last month so when I saw rain for the extended forecast on weather.com I started to get worried. Keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful weather!
    I don't blame you. We had that same weather here in Georgia during the entire month of May. Lousy for sure!

Honestly we have been to Aruba now during the month of June, about a dozen times and the weather is ALWAYS the same. Hot, sunny and windy. We have had a shower or two over the years, but this year, not a drop of rain. July weather is as you see below, very close to June's.

June weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 81 F.
    Average rainfall .70 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 20 mph

July weather
    Average high temperature 89 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 19 mph
    Average rainfall 1.20 inch (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

We have just rec'd a voice msg from friends in Aruba that the island has had a major storm - and there is no electricity on the island. Any other news?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Walisever View Post
    We have just rec'd a voice msg from friends in Aruba that the island has had a major storm - and there is no electricity on the island. Any other news?
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/island-wide-power-outage-8-pm-39708/#post144131 possible lightning strike to the power plant. Still no power as of about midnight.

Dom
    It rained and was overcast for most of the day on July 4. I did not see the sun for the entire day. This is the 1st time in 33 years of going to Aruba that I did not see the sun at all for the day.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Interesting...we had a mostly cloudy day in June. Please folks watch you can still get a good sunburn if you are not careful.

Aruba since 1979
    check out lisa's dd's sunburn lines in the avator photo.
    clouds and breezes are the big LIE about sunburn.
    it is very likely you will let your guard down and get fried

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Interesting...we had a mostly cloudy day in June. Please folks watch you can still get a good sunburn if you are not careful.

Weather was bad for last 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I don't blame you. We had that same weather here in Georgia during the entire month of May. Lousy for sure!

Honestly we have been to Aruba now during the month of June, about a dozen times and the weather is ALWAYS the same. Hot, sunny and windy. We have had a shower or two over the years, but this year, not a drop of rain.
    Well we just had our first trip to Aruba. 5 nights at the Hyatt starting on July 1st. Since we arrived after 4:00 PM on the 1st, our first day was really July 2nd. July 2nd and 3rd were fine during the day -- with just a passing shower on the 3rd. The night of the 3rd was the big blackout. Tremendous storm with wind and lightning. The power went out about 9:00 PM in the Hyatt -- and most of the island - (we luckily had finished dinner about 30 minutes before at Texas de Brasil). The power came back on at about midnight (waking us up as the lights came back on).

July 4th was horrible. Grey, flat cloudy sky all day, when it wasn't raining. July 5th, was half okay. The rain started about 1:00 PM and then it was mostly cloudy until about 4 PM. We had to leave for the airport on the morning of the 6th -- and it was looking like another cloudy day at that time.

So in all, we had only 2 good days (or 50% of our 4 full days there).

My 4 year old son was really disappointed that the he could not ride the waterslide on the 4th. We were bored all day. He was in camp hyatt, and they watched movies all day.

We had heard it never rained in Aruba. Needless to say, we feel we only got about 50% of our vacation, unfortunately due to this unusual for Aruba (so I'm told) weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    You simply cannot believe what you read in the weather reports, which seem to always call for some sort of rain: showers; thunderstorms, etc. There may be some passing showers; certainly not enough to spoil anyone's day! Just go ....expect to have a wonderful vacation...and you WILL!!
    Not true -- it rained all day the 4th (and the 5th it was rainy and cloudy for 1/2 the day).

Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast